Windows 10: Two step verification - code not sent to my landline

Discus and support Two step verification - code not sent to my landline in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have forgotten my password, and wish to reset. I have two step verification, and receive a code on my mobile phone, but on the second step, for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ColinMuddiman1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Two step verification - code not sent to my landline

I have forgotten my password, and wish to reset.

I have two step verification, and receive a code on my mobile phone, but on the second step, for which I use my landline I don't receive the code.

I'm stuck !

There's mention of a 30 day process to regain entry to my account. How do I apply for this? Or is there an alternative.

I've tried the online chat, but it needs me to log in - which I can't!!

Any help gratefully received

Colin

:)

ColinMuddiman1, Jul 26, 2020
  2. emmafoord Win User

two step verification code

How do I request the code for two step verification? My phone was damaged and the repair has restored it back to the original settings. its not allowing me to log in n settings, apparently I need a code but have no idea how to request this - help!

emmafoord, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Two-step verification

I have used two-step verification for some time. This morning when I turned on my machine, it rejected the password I normally use to sign on - instead I had to enter the password I use for access to my Microsoft account. I guess that change is OK (would
    have been nice to be told that change was coming) - but two-step verification was totally ignored. When I look at my account settings it shows two-step verification is still on. Is this a bug or do I need to re-instate two-step?

RobMacmillan, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Two step verification - code not sent to my landline

Two-step verification

I do not understand this response.

I want to use two-step verification for my Microsoft account. I would prefer to use a different password for my computer start up - as I had always done with Win 7.

Your answer says that two-step verification has to be turned off. That makes no sense.

Can you tell me how to go back to where I was with Win 7. i.e. one password for my computer start up; and a different password for my Microsoft account with two-step verification.

Thanks

RobMacmillan, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Two step verification - code not sent to my landline

1. Two step verification - code not sent to my landline - Similar Threads - step verification code

2. two step verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  3. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  4. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Two step verification code will not infill in box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two step verification code will not infill in box: I receive two step verification code on cell phone just fine but when I try to enter the code on my PC the space remains blank and number won't enter thus blocking me from accessing all accounts that require 2 step authorization. I tried typing number and "submit" even tho...
  6. Two step verification code will not infill in box

Two step verification code will not infill in box: I receive two step verification code on cell phone just fine but when I try to enter the code on my PC the space remains blank and number won't enter thus blocking me from accessing all accounts that require 2 step authorization. I tried typing number and "submit" even tho...
  7. My two-step verification codes are not the correct digit codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My two-step verification codes are not the correct digit codes: I have tried to log in to several of my Microsoft accounts, but all of the accounts have requested an email two-step verification to be completed either through my email or my phone number. However, when I requested the code, 6 digit codes were sent towards me both through my...
  8. My two-step verification codes are not the correct digit codes

My two-step verification codes are not the correct digit codes: I have tried to log in to several of my Microsoft accounts, but all of the accounts have requested an email two-step verification to be completed either through my email or my phone number. However, when I requested the code, 6 digit codes were sent towards me both through my...
  9. two-step verification

two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  10. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...