Windows 10: Two Step verification not working everytime

Discus and support Two Step verification not working everytime in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I was notified that my Microsoft account password had been changed, and I had not changed it. I've been in the process of increasing my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BP_023, May 8, 2021.

1. BP_023 Win User

Two Step verification not working everytime

Recently I was notified that my Microsoft account password had been changed, and I had not changed it. I've been in the process of increasing my security by adding the two step verification. It seems to work sporadically. I have signed into my microsoft account online and did not get the two step verification, after entering my password it opened up normally. Also, from my desk top typing 'Microsoft Account' in the search bar gives me an option to manage my microsoft account. I click it, and after entering my password my account opens up, no two step verification.

:)

BP_023, May 8, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, May 8, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, May 8, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Google strengthening 2-Step Verification for Google account

Source: https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com...e-prompts.html

Brink, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Two Step verification not working everytime - Similar Threads - Step verification working

2. two-step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  3. Two Step verification problem

Two Step verification problem: I have a personal computer at home and all of a sudden everytime I sign into my computer and go to my websites to sign in, I am asked to go through a two step verification. How did this change? How do I fix it? I am using Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge....
  4. Security Issues in Two-step Verification

Security Issues in Two-step Verification: The issue: I changed my password for Microsoft about a month ago because my Spotify account was successfully logged into from Russia. I live in Tucson, AZ. Apparently that didn't raise a flag for them. I had been fairly lazy lately and had the same password for multiple...
  5. Turn off two-step verification function is invalid

Turn off two-step verification function is invalid: I have turned off the account two-step verification, but account sign-in still need to verify my identity with security codes. I have read this article how-to-use-two-step-verification but it can't resolve my problem, I hope to disable two-step verification, only need input...
  6. Two step Verification and Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two step Verification and Office 365: Hi, Since the two step has been activated, I cannot access emails from the Outlook desktop app. It works on iOS and webmail though It keeps asking for credentials, but nothing happens. I tried my usual password and the app password, but nothing changes. Help much...
  7. Not receiving two-step verification code via text

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not receiving two-step verification code via text: I've forgotten my password to my windows account which is the only admin account. I've received the code via backup email and I've tried to get the second via text. I've clicked it so many times that it gave me an error message saying "You've requested too many codes today....
  8. Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello, Authenticator and two step verification: I am struggling with a set of related Microsoft account login questions. It crosses some Windows Hello, password/PIN, Authenticator and two step verification boundaries. The question set up is as follows - 1. Valid Microsoft user account 2. Windows 10 PC with matching PIN...
  9. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...
  10. Two-Step Verification notifications no longer work after using code

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two-Step Verification notifications no longer work after using code: I had to log into my MS account one time without my two-factor device being online, so used the "I have a code" method (which, incidentally, takes more steps than it should). Now every MS login defaults to the code method, and when I click "Send an identity verification...