Windows 10: two-step verification

Discus and support two-step verification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KENLCARTER, Mar 28, 2021.

1. two-step verification

I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the option displayed changed to be my email address. I then had to click "show more verification methods" to get to my mobile number to select for text.

I would like to get the default back to my mobile number to eliminate an extra step. Does any one know a way to do this? Level 1 and 2 support were unable to offer a solution.

Ideally, Microsoft would just display all verification methods on the initial page but that is probably to much to ask.

Any help will be appreciated.

:)

KENLCARTER, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Source: G Suite Updates Blog: New 2-Step Verification options for G Suite accounts

Brink, Mar 28, 2021
  4. two-step verification

Remove 2-step verification on Skype

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community. I will certainly assist you with the issue.

I suggest you to turn off the two-step verification in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Refer to the steps given in the link below:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Note: If two step verification is turned off, you will have to verify your identity with security codes periodically, when there might be a risk to your account security.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Swathi Ravichandran, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

two-step verification

1. two-step verification - Similar Threads - step verification

2. sign in two-step verification for the account I registered my windows with

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in two-step verification for the account I registered my windows with: I cannot sign in to my account which is the only account I have in my Windows because it suggests sending a code to a phone number which is not working anymore. The fingerprint and pin on my windows are also not working because they are all connected to this account and can't...
  3. I received an email Action required for two-step verification from *** Email address is...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I received an email Action required for two-step verification from *** Email address is...: I received an email Action required for two-step verification from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** directed to another email cc'ing my email address asking "Now that you've turned on two-step verification for ro***** Email address is removed for privacy ***, not...
  4. Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification: Hi,I'm an Apple user, iPhone etc. I buy Microsoft 265 business and started a new microsoft account with two steps verification and log in with authenticatior on iPhone.Problem started after I by a new iPhone and had now security back up on iCloud.So this is what happens when...
  5. Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification: Hi,I'm an Apple user, iPhone etc. I buy Microsoft 265 business and started a new microsoft account with two steps verification and log in with authenticatior on iPhone.Problem started after I by a new iPhone and had now security back up on iCloud.So this is what happens when...
  6. Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. two step verification

two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  8. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  9. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?: I have a few email addresses that I occasionally use on Microsoft websites. One I have defined as a personal account and it works fine. The others I defined as associated with my company. Those stopped working due to the authenticator app. If I try to add them to the...