Windows 10: Two step verification

Discus and support Two step verification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitpzyxmsir, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Two step verification

When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No".

But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose another method of confirmation"; Google authenticator, text message, etc., which work as expected.

I hope someone familiar with this has an answer.

thanks

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 4, 2017

2. Two-step verification

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that the two-step verification has to be turned off. If you wish to turned it off, please refer to the link below:

Turn off Two Step Verification:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Additional Link:

How do I turn off two step verification?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 4, 2017
  3. Two-step verification

I have used two-step verification for some time. This morning when I turned on my machine, it rejected the password I normally use to sign on - instead I had to enter the password I use for access to my Microsoft account. I guess that change is OK (would
    have been nice to be told that change was coming) - but two-step verification was totally ignored. When I look at my account settings it shows two-step verification is still on. Is this a bug or do I need to re-instate two-step?

RobMacmillan, Sep 4, 2017
  4. Slippery Win User

Two step verification

My google login uses phone verification. I have a VOIP phone and when I login to google, I immediately get a robocall and am given a numeric code to enter into the login. If I don't enter the code quick enough, the login asks if I want another call. If I enter the code , the login is immediate. So, it is very fast and easy. I would check your settings in Google and in your phone. When I set mine up I chose phone call as I don't have texting service or messaging. My emails are sometimes slow in showing up (thanks Comcast}

Slippery, Sep 4, 2017
  5. Maybe a visual will help

Attachment 155895

When you see this, what is supposed to happen?

kitpzyxmsir, Sep 30, 2017
  6. Win10Pea Win User
    no way to use Duo (Security) authentication with google?

Win10Pea, Oct 11, 2017
  7. Sorry but I don't understand the question.

kitpzyxmsir, Oct 16, 2017
  8. Win10Pea Win User

Two step verification

Duo is a security app for 2 factor authentication

Win10Pea, Oct 16, 2017
  9. The 2 step verification works, it's just that I don't understand why it behaves the way I described. Why doesn't it immediately confirm after I select "yes", instead of asking me to try another way to sign in?

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Two step verification

1. Two step verification - Similar Threads - step verification

2. Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification: Hi,I'm an Apple user, iPhone etc. I buy Microsoft 265 business and started a new microsoft account with two steps verification and log in with authenticatior on iPhone.Problem started after I by a new iPhone and had now security back up on iCloud.So this is what happens when...
  3. Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification: Hi,I'm an Apple user, iPhone etc. I buy Microsoft 265 business and started a new microsoft account with two steps verification and log in with authenticatior on iPhone.Problem started after I by a new iPhone and had now security back up on iCloud.So this is what happens when...
  4. Cant log in because can not get verifikation codes because two steps verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. two step verification

two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  6. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  7. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?: I have a few email addresses that I occasionally use on Microsoft websites. One I have defined as a personal account and it works fine. The others I defined as associated with my company. Those stopped working due to the authenticator app. If I try to add them to the...
  9. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?: I have a few email addresses that I occasionally use on Microsoft websites. One I have defined as a personal account and it works fine. The others I defined as associated with my company. Those stopped working due to the authenticator app. If I try to add them to the...
  10. How do I turn off two step verification for my email addresses on all Microsoft websites?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook additional security verification phone call

2. Windows 10 mail and AOL

3. windows 10 mail with aol