Windows 10: Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Discus and support Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Running Windows 10. Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Menemsha, May 14, 2020.

1. Menemsha Win User

Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Running Windows 10.
    Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search bar at top and the middle with my favourites listed across the top and in the middle.
    In other words two steps instead of one.

I can't figure out how to get to what I had originally with all my favourites listed at first click.

Can someone help me please.
    Thanks

:)

Menemsha, May 14, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 14, 2020
  3. Favourites bar using non-Chrome Google

How do I stop items in my non-Chrome Google favourites bar from duplicating themselves?

How do I stop items in my non-Chrome Google favourites from moving round the favourites bar at random?

PaulPatashnik, May 14, 2020
  4. Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

1. Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one - Similar Threads - steps Google search

2. What's up with Bing-not getting rewards points for searching-get one or two than it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's up with Bing-not getting rewards points for searching-get one or two than it...: Okay Bing hasn't been working for days now--I search and I don't get the rewards for doing so-Got a point and then it stops- What's up?? Are punishing those for not wanting to use your stupid Bing AI. I don't like Bing AI and I will NOT use it. If I can't get my rewards for...
  3. What's up with Bing-not getting rewards points for searching-get one or two than it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's up with Bing-not getting rewards points for searching-get one or two than it...: Okay Bing hasn't been working for days now--I search and I don't get the rewards for doing so-Got a point and then it stops- What's up?? Are punishing those for not wanting to use your stupid Bing AI. I don't like Bing AI and I will NOT use it. If I can't get my rewards for...
  4. What's up with Bing-not getting rewards points for searching-get one or two than it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?: Please note I'm not asking how to wake PC up with keyboard/mouse. I noticed on different PCs, it takes a different number of keypresses to wake the PC up. On mine, it takes at least twice on any key to wake it up. How do I force windows to recognize wake up just using any ONE...
  6. Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

in Browsers and Email
    Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one: Running Windows 10. Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search...
  7. Google Search bar

in Cortana
    Google Search bar: How do I restore the suggestions and previous searches under my google search bar? I've checked and web activity is ON and Private Results are ON. All I get is a few unrelated topics under the google search bar. Used to be if I started typing "Pres" and I'd been searching on...
  8. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...: I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up uninstalling everything. Now, I know everything’s kind of weird. it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, with the Omen logo and...
  9. Favourites bar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Favourites bar: I find it extremely difficult to save the websites in favourites bar. It should not be necessary to create a new folder for each website. Simply clicking on Save in Favourites Bar delivers no result. Cumbersome and annoying....
  10. Favourites bar using non-Chrome Google

in Browsers and Email
    Favourites bar using non-Chrome Google: Its the standard Internet Explorer