Windows 10: Two Timestamp issues/questions

Discus and support Two Timestamp issues/questions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm reconfiguring my wife's laptop. File History automatically adds a timestamp to every folder that is unzipped, and adds a Timestamp code to every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charles Putnam, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Two Timestamp issues/questions

I'm reconfiguring my wife's laptop. File History automatically adds a timestamp to every folder that is unzipped, and adds a Timestamp code to every file.

1. How do I turn off/disable Windows from automatically adding a timestamp? Yes..I've searched for an answer and have had zero success in finding a succinct answer.
    2. Is there a Command Prompt script to remove the Timestamp code from all files and folders? Yes....I've searched for this also and have not found a specific answer.

For the admins monitoring this, please allow someone to provide an answer and do not delete it.

:)

Charles Putnam, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Le Boule Win User

Two Timestamp issues/questions

Expired Microsoft Timestamp Root Certificate

Suggest you try the Technet Forum if you need assistance with a server issue.

Technet forums - Windows Server

Regards...

Le Boule, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Two Timestamp issues/questions

1. Two Timestamp issues/questions - Similar Threads - Timestamp issues questions

2. two activation questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    two activation questions: I have two related questions regarding activation of Windows 10.1 I have a system that originally was installed with Windows 7 Pro, but that license was from college I forget the exact classification, something like OSDN which had restrictions on its use. The motherboard died...
  3. two activation questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two activation questions: I have two related questions regarding activation of Windows 10.1 I have a system that originally was installed with Windows 7 Pro, but that license was from college I forget the exact classification, something like OSDN which had restrictions on its use. The motherboard died...
  4. Two questions.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two questions.: openssh SSH server what exactly is it and in services what is SshdBroker, description is <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 15100 > . submitted by /u/CollateralJustice [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kdbpsy/two_questions/
  5. Two Hibernation Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Hibernation Questions: It is entirely possible that one or both of these cannot be answered, and I am posting mainly out of curiosity rather than any serous concern. Yesterday, for the first time with this computer, which was put into service around 01May2020, there was a power outage that lasted...
  6. two questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two questions: I am legally blind with only a litle sight. Nearly all printing on c0mputer is tones of grey. Can I change it to`black I use a two in one laptop. My onscreen keyboard has stopped working...HELPPPP Gillian Please us LARGE SIZE FONT TO REPLY...
  7. Two part question on Update to 1903 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two part question on Update to 1903 issues: I tried twice to update to ver 1903 (2) from 1803, and it continually failed. I ended up looking at a black screen for two hours. After I rebooted a couple times, I was again able to use the system, but Windows kept trying to schedule a restart to update Windows. To...
  8. Two questions,

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two questions,: 1.Where do i get the Realtek Hd Audio manager at? It was on this system before but after i had to reinstall windows now its not installed, so i have no speakers none what so ever, is there a place to download it? 2. For some reason when i restart my computer it goes to the...
  9. two questions....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two questions....: 1. Is Windows Defender supposed to run no-stop in the systray after re-booting? Mine doesn't...?? 2. If I try and activate anything in the Windows 10 menu, it says I need to run an ap, but doesn't list any aps to chose from?...
  10. two questions

in Windows 10 Support
    two questions: i am gonna format my windows 10 ,is my windows store apps removed from my microsoft account ? and where is the cache of microsoft edge i mean the websites and favorites and the saved pages ? are they all in the same folder? 89197