Windows 10: two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove?

Discus and support two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I installed the WSL as per Microsoft instructions on how to get Linux sub-system for Windows. I currently use Windows 10, 1903. When I'm in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Jun 30, 2019.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove?

Hi all,

I installed the WSL as per Microsoft instructions on how to get Linux sub-system for Windows.
    I currently use Windows 10, 1903.

When I'm in CMD and I type Bash, I get one type of bash CLI. If I type Ubuntu, I get a different CLI.
    The differences are at which prompt they are starting at.

Reviewing the Bin folder of each CLI, I can clearly see that they differ.

I am not sure which one I should remove, but I would like to know how can I remove one of them.
    Is it even possible?

:)

2. k8ctt Win User

Remove Linux and install Win 10

I have a ThinkPenquin Linux laptop that runs Mint 17.1 only and has a solid state hard-drive.

I want to totally remove Linux Mint and install Windows 10 from USB flash drive.

Not sure of the steps to do this. Help!

k8ctt, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove? - Similar Threads - types Linux CLI

2. How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows: I recently installed Kali Linux but now I want to change to windows os .so I want to remove Kali Linux completely and freshly install windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-kali-linux-and-freshly-install/8db8e5d3-52a9-4f0d-ad94-c6618991bbd3
  3. How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows: I recently installed Kali Linux but now I want to change to windows os .so I want to remove Kali Linux completely and freshly install windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-kali-linux-and-freshly-install/8db8e5d3-52a9-4f0d-ad94-c6618991bbd3
  4. How to remove Kali Linux and freshly install windows

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to remove Linux Subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Linux Subsystem: Hello, I just installed Windows 11. I attempted to install the LSS with Kali. Something went wrong. When I try to launch Kali it says a required component is missing. How do you remove it? For that matter how do you remove anything that was installed through the microsoft...
  6. How to remove Linux Subsystem

How to remove Linux Subsystem: Hello, I just installed Windows 11. I attempted to install the LSS with Kali. Something went wrong. When I try to launch Kali it says a required component is missing. How do you remove it? For that matter how do you remove anything that was installed through the microsoft...
  7. Heroku CLI not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Heroku CLI not installing: It says App has been blocked for your protection. How to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heroku-cli-not-installing/23e9754b-3617-4b9d-97fe-235276976021
  8. Problem in removing linux and installing windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in removing linux and installing windows: I have been trying to remove linux and reinstall windows onto my system , I used the following steps given at the page : https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/247804/how-to-remove-linux-and-install-windows-on-your-computer But as I insert a bootable windows USB created by...
  9. falling in love with Linux CLI but not ready to give up on windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    falling in love with Linux CLI but not ready to give up on windows.: I have recently been using WSL/Debian to develop software on windows. I am not entirely sure what POSIX means, but I know that i love the way it searches and organizes various executables, in a $PATH variable. in windows, you are either required to add them to your $PATH...
  10. two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove?

two types of Linux CLI are installed. How to remove?: Hi all, I installed the WSL as per Microsoft instructions on how to get Linux sub-system for Windows. I currently use Windows 10, 1903. When I'm in CMD and I type Bash, I get one type of bash CLI. If I type Ubuntu, I get a different CLI. The differences are at which prompt...