Windows 10: Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.

Discus and support Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have two really big files that I accidentally copied to my desktop rather than my spare disk for backups. After trying to cut them and paste them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MRDotted, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.

So I have two really big files that I accidentally copied to my desktop rather than my spare disk for backups. After trying to cut them and paste them onto the backup disk, moving them to the recycling bin by hand and through RMB > Delete, it became obvious that they are just stuck there. Absolutely nothing happens when trying to delete them. No pop ups, nothing telling me I can't do it. Is there anything I can do to get rid of these files? They're taking up far too much disk space, and they're cluttering my desktop.

submitted by /u/MRDotted
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MRDotted, Mar 29, 2021
  2. razaron Win User

desktop clutter question

ive heard that having a cluttered desktop can slow down a computer. im confused as to what it slows down, although i can roughly figure out thats its the harddrive or ram+cpu or both.*Confused Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop. :confused:

if a cluttered desktop does slow a computer down then heres my desktop, is it bad?

razaron, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    My HP Stream's C drive is full and I just bought it. What can I do to free up space?

Hi Jennifer,

System files from recent updates are one of the things that are taking too much space on your drive. We suggest performing the steps on the articles below as it can help in removing unnecessary files on your computer.

Additionally, we strongly recommend running your anti-virus software to scan your device as virus and malware can clutter your disk space.

We'll wait for your response about this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop.

1. Two undeletable files using up disk space and cluttering desktop. - Similar Threads - undeletable files using

2. Undeletable file on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable file on desktop: Recently I searched up on google images and tried to drag an image from the page directly to the desktop, but this happened. I tried to delete this file by right-clicking and selecting "delete", but it didn't work. I also tried to select this file and use SHIFT+DELETE, but...
  3. Undeletable file on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable file on desktop: Recently I searched up on google images and tried to drag an image from the page directly to the desktop, but this happened. I tried to delete this file by right-clicking and selecting "delete", but it didn't work. I also tried to select this file and use SHIFT+DELETE, but...
  4. Undeletable file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. File undeletable

File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  6. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  7. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. undelete a file

undelete a file: I deleted a file while I was trying to move it to a different folder. Is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undelete-a-file/26990f6f-3499-41b8-9ef3-5d57cab56ff9"
  9. Desktop clutter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop clutter: I don't want a cluttering mess of tiles for apps and programs that I don't even want. How do I get back to my own desktop, with icons that I actually chose and use? I had it all set up, then an update came through and ruined it!...
  10. Less clutter on the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Less clutter on the desktop: Hi Everybody, I wonder if someone can help me figure this out. I use several desktop icons on a rather cluttered desktop. What I would really like to do is have a single icon that, when selected will open a sub-container that will list a 7 of my graphics program....