Windows 10: Two unknown Xfinity networks.

Discus and support Two unknown Xfinity networks. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday I upgrade my Xfinity internet to the unlimited plan and they told me I would have to return my old modem and replace it with a new one that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Winuser, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Winuser Win User

Two unknown Xfinity networks.

Yesterday I upgrade my Xfinity internet to the unlimited plan and they told me I would have to return my old modem and replace it with a new one that has a built in router. When setting it up with their app I gave the wireless network a name that would make it easy to recognize from the other wireless networks. For example my two HP printers and my neighbors WiFi. Now when I look at available networks I see a secured network called XFINITY and a unsecure network called xfinitywifi. They both have strong signals so I'm assuming it's from my new modem/router. I do remember occasionally seeing them before but with very week signals. Anyone know why they are there and is the unsecure xfinitywifi a risk I have to worry about. I don't want someone parking across the street using it to do illegal stuff on the internet.

:)

Winuser, Jan 27, 2021
  2. GenePaine Win User

Windows HomeGroups and Xfinity Private Networks

It failed at the first step in the same way that led me to post my original question. As soon as I open the homegroup control panel, this is displayed:

Two unknown Xfinity networks. bc17000f-9b64-489a-9083-e365226ae5df.png

Everything Xfinity has to say about the network I am connected to indicates that it is a private network. But when I go into the network control panel, Windows lists the network as public.

GenePaine, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1

Suggest steps to install Internet Explorer browser on Xfinity X1.

Thank you.

NurNadiahAbd Hamid, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Two unknown Xfinity networks. - Similar Threads - unknown Xfinity networks

2. unknown network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  3. unknown network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unknown network: Hello,today, my internet - ethernet stopped working out of sudden - after trying to switch to a wifi, using the same cable - if it's even important. After that, realizing the wifi wouldn't work, I tried the cable connection again, but it didn't work. While trying to solve the...
  4. unknown network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. xfinity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xfinity: app for installing xfinity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xfinity/03dd6af8-3daf-4fc0-b962-35492d2edd47
  6. xfinity internet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xfinity internet: how do I report x finity for charging my card but but providing no interne https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/xfinity-internet/bad9c944-7b15-4b5f-ac56-92f3c71de4d7
  7. UNKNOWN NETWORK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNKNOWN NETWORK: unable to stat Bits servive. Attacked and appears ahcker AS A PUBLIC PROPFILE AN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-network/659a3491-43d2-4535-af87-25cc05b43640
  8. Unknown Network

Unknown Network: I continue to get the "Unknown Network" when trying to set up my Ethernet controller. I am using my WiFi to access the internet but the direct connection through the hard cable is a lot faster when it's working. I have disabled it. I have removed it. Cleared the IPv4 and...
  9. xfinity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xfinity: delete all of xfinity from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xfinity/83f1f36f-f646-4ada-b85d-b4126680d992
  10. DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network

DNS Server unknown/Unknown Network: Hi, I've been struggling for months with this problem. My laptop won't connect to some networks. Usually there are networks like that on my university or other shared networks. The problem I get is that it doesn't recognize the DNS server. Usually it is solved...