Windows 10: Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

Discus and support Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ThompsonT, Oct 31, 2022.

1. ThompsonT Win User

Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a device into the other port on the top left of the device it works just fine. I have also installed everything under USB controllers and restarted laptop to have them be reinstaleld and nothing. My computer is also up to date running windows 10 pro. i have tried the two ports with a wireless mouse, phone and a printer and noth

:)

ThompsonT, Oct 31, 2022
  2. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Oct 31, 2022
  3. Toshiba Introduces the Tecra W50 Mobile Workstation

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced its first mobile workstation, the Tecra W50 as part of its rollout of new business laptops. A portable powerhouse built for maximum performance, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation features a 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD display, plus unsurpassed durability and one of the thinnest, lightest designs in its class at less than six pounds.

Powered by a 4th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and NVIDIA Quadro graphics, the Tecra W50 mobile workstation is perfect for professionals who demand high-precision performance and high-end graphics for the most intensive visual and engineering tasks. The Tecra W50 includes additional benefits of enhanced security, enterprise-focused features, a built-in optical drive, along with the rock-solid durability Toshiba is renowned for.

Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working Toshiba_Tecra_W50_01_thm.jpg

"The Tecra W50 is a testament to Toshiba's ability to design and develop mobile computing products that meet the highest performance standards yet still remain portable," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing and product development, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "As one of the thinnest and lightest workstation currently available on the market, the Tecra W50 is the right choice for any design professional looking for robust processing power, professional graphics and maximum performance - anytime, anywhere."

Powerful Performance for Today's Pros
    The Tecra W50 features a 15.6-inch diagonal Full HD (1920x1080) display, color-calibrated to industry standards for extremely accurate color rendering and premium picture quality. It is built for lightning-fast performance for today's most demanding tasks - including SolidWorks and AutoCAD - with a full-voltage 4th generation Intel Core i7 quad-core processor and four high-speed memory slots configurable up to 32 GB. The Tecra W50 boosts professional graphics capabilities and unprecedented performance with dedicated NVIDIA Quadro K2100M graphics and 2 GB of GDDR5 memory to accelerate and mobilize any workflow.

Designed for Business on the Move
    The Tecra W50 has a mobility-focused design that is one of the thinnest and lightest in the industry. Starting at less than six pounds, the Tecra W50 makes it easy to get work done anywhere without sacrificing durability. This workstation features Toshiba's innovative EasyGuard technology, plus Tecra durability and reliability with comprehensive spill, drop and Highly Accelerated Life (HALT) testing at Toshiba facilities in Japan to ensure the product is built to last.

Built-in Security
    Built-in Intel vPro technology provides the manageability today's enterprises need. A Trusted Platform Module (TPM), a Fingerprint Reader and optional SmartCard technology provide the security IT departments require. The Trusted Platform Module offers high-level data encryption and Toshiba's built in Computrace software aids recovery in case of theft.

Productivity Day or Night
    An ultradurable design incorporating a spill-resistant, LED-backlit keyboard with 10-key numeric pad and built-in AccuPoint pointing device and clickpad allows users to work and create comfortably and conveniently, even in low light environments. Sharing and syncing for greater efficiency is enabled through a full range of ports: dual USB 3.0 ports and one USB 2.0 port, plus a media card reader, eSATA/USB combo, HDMI, PCIe and VGA ports. Gigabit LAN and an optional mini serial port extend functionality even further. Mobile professionals can charge their tablets and phones even while the laptop is off with the latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge feature.

Common Docking and Accessories
    Making the devices more manageable across a deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops now share a common docking port and accessories, such as port replicators, making it easier for IT departments to purchase and distribute to users. In addition, the laptops also share a common image, allowing IT to easily customize to meet unique needs across the board and deploy to users quickly.

Pricing and Availability
    The Tecra W50 will be available for purchase through Corporate Direct, select Toshiba Preferred Partner Program resellers, e-tailers and from ToshibaDirect.com on October 18, 2013, starting at $1,999 MSRP.

Cristian_25H, Oct 31, 2022
  4. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

Toshiba Rolls Out Two New Tecra Laptops

Toshiba's Digital Products Division (DPD), a division of Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., today announced two new fully customizable laptops designed for small and medium businesses, the ultramobile 14-inch Tecra Z40 and versatile 15.6-inch Tecra A50. The laptops provide budget conscious small businesses with all the power, durability and reliability of systems built for enterprise users at a more affordable price. Both are available today exclusively at Toshiba.com/us/business, where information can also be found about the company's program which offers business customers features such as dedicated sales consultants, volume discounts, and priority tech support.

"Small and medium businesses need the same PC performance, reliability and mobility as large enterprises, without the stringent security features required by corporate IT departments," said Carl Pinto, vice president of marketing, Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc., Digital Products Division. "We've taken the best of our premier line of business laptops, including impressive styling, usability and durability, and made them accessible to SMBs."

Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working Toshiba_Tecra_01_thm.jpg

Tecra Z40, a True Business Laptop Done Lighter
    Offering a footprint that gives SMBs ample room to work, the Tecra Z40 laptop is ideal for today's demanding road warriors. Built with a magnesium alloy Tough Body chassis in silver that is not only durable but extremely light, the Tecra Z40 measures just 0.8 inches thin and weighs a light 3.2 pounds. The laptop can be configured with 4th generation Intel Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 processors for speedy performance, up to 16 GB of memory and up to a 500 GB 7200 RPM hard drive or 512 GB solid state drive.

The Tecra Z40 features a spill-resistant keyboard with optional LED backlighting that lets work continue even in dimly lit environments and includes a Dual Point pointing system, giving users the choice between using the touchpad or Accupoint. In addition, the Tecra Z40 includes Toshiba's shock-absorbing EasyGuard technology as well as a unique honeycomb reinforcement structure for increased rigidity and durability.

The Tecra Z40 can be configured with either a 14-inch diagonal HD or HD+ display and is packed with plenty of features that make mobile life more convenient, including a full array of ports. The laptop features three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port, plus VGA, full-size HDMI, a full-size SD media card reader, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth and a choice of 802.11 agn, 802.11 bgn or new fast dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi. The latest USB 3.0 Sleep & Charge technology lets mobile professionals charge tablets and phones even while the laptop is off. The Tecra Z40 also includes a docking port that when paired with Toshiba's high-speed port replicator, sold separately, makes it easy to connect to a desktop environment. Pre-loaded Windows 7 Professional, the Tecra Z40 includes Windows 8.1 Professional upgrade media.

Tecra A50, Big Screen Versatility with a DVD Drive
    The versatile Tecra A50 is a portable powerhouse ideal for small businesses who want a feature-packed laptop that can handle the most demanding workloads in or out of the office. Thanks to a choice of powerful 4th generation Intel Core i3, Core i5 or Core i7 processors, Intel HD Graphics 4600 and up to 16 GB of memory, the Tecra A50 provides the power needed to stay competitive, along with removable battery options to increase productivity on the go. Featuring a 15.6-inch diagonal HD display that provides ample room to work, as well as a full-size keyboard with dedicated 10-key numeric pad, the Tecra A50 can be configured with up to a 1 TB hybrid hard drive or up to a 512 GB solid state drive and includes a built-in DVD drive.

Encased in a durable textured high-resin plastic, the Tecra A50 includes a full suite of ports, including an eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep & Charge technology, Gigabit Ethernet, full-size HDMI and SD Card reader as well as two USB 3.0 ports and a three USB 2.0 ports. Customers can choose between 802.11 agn and 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi. The laptop also features a Full HD webcam and Bluetooth. The Tecra A50 also includes a docking port. Pre-loaded Windows 8.1 the laptop also offers Windows 8.1 Professional or Windows 7 Professional with Windows 8.1 Professional upgrade media.

Common Docking and Accessories
    Making the devices more manageable across a company deployment, all of Toshiba's new business laptops share a common docking port and accessories, such as power adapters and port replicators, making it easier for small businesses to purchase and distribute to users.

Pricing and Availability
    The configurable Tecra Z40 starts at $799 MSRP and the Tecra A50 starts at $799 MSRP.

Cristian_25H, Oct 31, 2022
Thema:

Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

1. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working - Similar Threads - USB Ports Toshiba

2. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working: The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a...
  3. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working: The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a...
  4. The top two USB ports are not working properly

The top two USB ports are not working properly: Hello, I have a custom-built computer, that I first saw issues with when I plugged in my wife's apple phone. at first, I paid no mind to it, saying that apple and windows are not the best of buds. however, I've found out that normal pcs that you get from the store have zero...
  5. Two USB Ports not working

Two USB Ports not working: Two of my USB Ports are not working, the other one is working though. I have tried to restart my PC and even tried multiple websites to fix it but none of it appears to be working. This happened a bit after I turned on my PC after putting it to 'sleep' for 4 days. My mouse...
  6. Toshiba Tecra C50-E message query

in Windows 10 Customization
    Toshiba Tecra C50-E message query: Toshiba Tecra C50-E i get this message every start C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\7906AAC0.TOSHIBASettings_2.1.13.0_x64_nvaxck9xhg5vg\System Settings\TosSettingsHost.exe File system error 12007. computer bought 2 months ago, works fine just checking...
  7. Two front USB ports are not working

Two front USB ports are not working: My front 2 USB ports are not working or recognizing when a device is plugged in, the back ports work fine. The USB devices that I've tried have a light that lights up when they're connected - that won't even light up when it's plugged into the front ports. My computer is an...
  8. Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint...

Toshiba Tecra R840-S8430 will not boot into Win10 after installing the Toshiba fingerprint...: My Toshiba Tecra R840 S8430 (i5 2.5Ghz, 8GB ram, 320GB hdd) survived the update to Windows 10 64bit just fine, sans the ability to install/activate the laptop's fingerprint reader. After a long search on the Toshiba website, I ran into the Toshiba forum suggestion of...
  9. No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop: Hi guys, Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009 Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB...
  10. Toshiba L500-00F5 USB port problem

Toshiba L500-00F5 USB port problem: There are 3 external USB ports on this L500 modelPSLS6C-00F005. The one on the front right has developed a problem. Nothing is recognized when plugged in. An unrecognized device error pops randomly even with nothing plugged in to the front port. When the error pops the other...