Windows 10: Two User Accounts at Startup?

Discus and support Two User Accounts at Startup? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Recently after Power On I'm getting prompted for my login password/pin. I've had that option disabled for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by randybw57, Jan 17, 2020.

1. randybw57 Win User

Two User Accounts at Startup?

Windows 10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Recently after Power On I'm getting prompted for my login password/pin.

I've had that option disabled for as long as I can remember.

I'm also noticing that at the point where I get the prompt, Windows is showing me two user accounts.

One just has my name.

The other one has my name plus the e-mail I use for my Microsoft account.

I select the one with my e-mail. I have a Pin established. I use that for the login.

Other notes:

1. When I run 'netplwiz' there is only one User listed.

2. The User Name listed in User Accounts is the one with my e-mail associated with it.

3. The check box for 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.' is NOT checked.

4. In 'Sign-in options' the 'Require sign-in' is set to 'Never'.

5. In 'Sign-in options' the slider for 'Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen apps after an update or restart' is set to 'Off'. I just recently changed that from 'On'. It didn't seem to change the behavior.

6. The problem occurs if I do a normal Shutdown/Power On or if a Restart is performed after a Windows Update.

I suspect the issue is related to this second user account that seems to appear only at startup time.

Thanks for any help or advice!

:)

randybw57, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Other User on startup screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

Before proceeding, we would like to know if that another account is Microsoft account?

I suggest you to follow the step provided below to switch user.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key.

• Click on Switch User.

• And select your user account.

Follow the steps provided below to remove Microsoft account.

• Press Windows + I key.

• Click on Accounts.

• In your accounts, at the bottom click on the account you want to remove.

• Then click on Remove button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Two User Accounts at Startup? - Similar Threads - User Accounts Startup

2. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  3. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  4. User account at startup problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account at startup problem: I'm having a problem with a Windows 10 PC 2004 with the user name that first comes up when the machine is booting up. It's my name from when I first used the machine, and asks for a password. I don't have the password I originally set on the machine. It is now the PC my...
  5. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  6. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  7. Merging two user accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Merging two user accounts: I recently got a new computer, today I noticed that I have two user accounts, one by my email and one by my first name. The files shown on my desktop appear to be identical. How can I merge these accounts? I am afraid to delete one because I'm not sure if everything is...
  8. Error on Startup with Phantom User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error on Startup with Phantom User Account: Hi Community, I am looking for an answer to my interesting issue. Whenever I startup my desktop PC, there is a profile that the system tries to log into. It fails (as it was my fathers older computer) and he has since changed his passwords and such). We removed his...
  9. Two matching User Accounts

Two matching User Accounts: Setting up Win 10 (upgrading from Vista) a year or two ago I found that I had created two matching accounts, one identified with my name , the other identified as This PC. Clicking on either leads to the same C:Users\mhalp_000\Desktop. Changing a filename or adding a file in...
  10. Two user accounts with one email?

Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...