Windows 10: Two users at Log in but in reality only one

Discus and support Two users at Log in but in reality only one in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Like so many times before I was asked to (for lack of better word that I can't remember now probably due to my age) re-certify my MS account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CountMike, May 26, 2020.

1. CountMike Win User

Two users at Log in but in reality only one

Like so many times before I was asked to (for lack of better word that I can't remember now probably due to my age) re-certify my MS account @hotmail.com. I went thru the motions like many times before, Changed password etc and all went well set to no password on log in but now I have 2 Mike entries at log in and get warning that password is incorrect on first one. Choose second Mike, enter password and it logs in.
    But look at this, there's only one

Two users at Log in but in reality only one [​IMG]

I would like to get rid of first one and log in without a password.

:)

CountMike, May 26, 2020

2. Windows Mixed Reality HP Disconnects Upon Visor Lift

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the HP Windows Mixed Reality device and we appreciate your effort for providing the information on the issue. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the model number of the Windows Mixed Reality HP device?
    • Did you check the Windows Mixed Reality
      HP on a different computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes in the PC prior to this issue?

However, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot
    Mixed Reality headset displays

We would suggest you to perform the steps as referred under Mixed Reality headset display in this article:
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Method 2: New user account

This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, we would suggest you to create a new user account and check. Follow the steps from the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
    to create a new user account.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 26, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 26, 2020
  4. Two users at Log in but in reality only one

What is "Mixed Reality Portal" ? Can I remove it?

Hi,

For us to provide the best solution to your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal?
    • What steps have you done so far?
    If you're trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal, let's try uninstalling it thru the Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality.
    • Select Uninstall on the left pane.
    • Click Uninstall.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Two users at Log in but in reality only one

1. Two users at Log in but in reality only one - Similar Threads - users Log reality

2. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  3. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  4. Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two User Folder Names, but only one User Account?: In File Explorer with Show All Files ON, I show at the same folder level the following: User folder N. P., and This PC. When I drill down into the C drive under This PC, and then further down to User Folders under C, I see the user folder name NP629, which is my Microsoft...
  5. One face, two user profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One face, two user profiles: Is it possible to set up two Windows10 user accounts, one an Admin, one a Local Account, for the same person and somehow use face recognition for both user accounts?...
  6. Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user: Wife just got a new PC with Win 10 Home ver. 1809 build 17763.805. Somehow there ended up two log-in users when Windows first starts. One user has her photo, the other has no picture. The one without the photo gives an "Incorrect User ID or Password", while the one with the...
  7. Two administrators, only want one

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two administrators, only want one: I deleted the Windows.old folder and ever since when I log in my login page has an added administrator account along with my normal login/administrator. Can I just delete the new administrator and move on, or is this a deeper problem? Thanks 142361
  8. High background CPU usage but only when two users logged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High background CPU usage but only when two users logged in: My W10 (64) PC runs slowly owing to high CPU usage by background tasks but only when I have two users logged in (probably be the same with more users but not tried it). Processes such as runtimemonitor.exe, services.exe and Microsoft photos (even though it has not be run up)...
  9. Two user accounts with one email?

Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...
  10. Windows logs into two user accounts instead of one

Windows logs into two user accounts instead of one: The issue is like this: 1 I log into account A. 2 I reboot and log into account B 3 When I open task manager and go to Users tab, it shows both A and B. Account A is disconnected but using plenty of CPU and RAM 4 I reboot and log into B again. This time, only B is...