Windows 10: Two Users' Folders On new Install

Discus and support Two Users' Folders On new Install in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So I just installed Windows 10 on a brand new NUC. Installation went flawlessly and the machine runs great. After the installation I noticed that the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by meowcat, Oct 21, 2020.

1. meowcat Win User

Two Users' Folders On new Install

So I just installed Windows 10 on a brand new NUC. Installation went flawlessly and the machine runs great. After the installation I noticed that the computer name was my email address. I didn't like that name so I changed the name of the computer but now I have 2 users folders, for example "" and "[email protected]". I like simplicity and would like to use just the user folder. It appears that both folders have completely different data. How do I fix this?
    Windows version 2004
    Build 19041.572

PS: It should be noted that I did not setup a second user account.

Thanks.

:)

meowcat, Oct 21, 2020

2. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Oct 21, 2020
  3. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Thema:

1. Two Users' Folders On new Install - Similar Threads - Users' Folders Install

2. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  3. Can there be two users in the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can there be two users in the Users folder?: Moving to a new device with Windows 11 from the old Windows 10. Windows 11 automatically sets up C:\Users\xxxxx but my old device had C:\Users\MyName Can I add a second user folder name? In other words, can I have both C:\xxxxx and C:\Users\MyName on the WIndows 11 computer?...
  4. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  5. my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my user folder is displaying two documents and two pictures folders: Hi, My user folder "C:\Users\mscie" is diplaying two documents and two pictures folders. They seem to be mirrored because when I delete one of the folders the other seems to delete as well. Looking at the properties for the folders they display the same location as well...
  6. New user but no user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New user but no user folder: I added a new admin user to windows 10 then removed a user. The new user does not have a user folder and the user that was removed is still there. Do I need to remake the user?...
  7. there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    there are two Users or User accounts or something on this new computer with the new OS: On a previous computer running Windows 7 my husband and I were two Users. However, he always used mine - because that was what was open, or on the opening/startup page he usually clicked on my icon. We had Windows 10 installed on a new PC, and had the content transferred...
  8. Two user sharing one folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two user sharing one folder: Hi all, If 2 users both use the same folder to do work on, and 1 user account is deleted, will it delete that folder so as the other user will loose everything in there ? 115796
  9. Two different user folders?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  10. Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Users folder showing TWO OneDrive folders: My c:\Users\<Username> folder is showing TWO OneDrive folders. [img] firstly, how can two entries of exactly the same name exist in a single folder? Now, how to handle this? Though, I don't have to manually access any of these, as I have a separate folder at...