Windows 10: Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

Discus and support Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two views of OneDrive showing in File Explorer and they seem to be driving my system, and iTunes, up the wall. As shown in the attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Old Puter Man, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

I have two views of OneDrive showing in File Explorer and they seem to be driving my system, and iTunes, up the wall.

As shown in the attached screenshot the first has the normal Blue Cloud symbol for OneDrive and has all the expected folders and files. The Second is under This PC but has a Document symbol on the folder.

They both have the same number of folders and files so I am presuming that the OneDrive folder under This PC is simply another view. I believe that I created this little monster when trying to move some folders but am very reluctant to remove/Delete the "This PC" view out of concern that I might inadvertently delete the original OneDrive also.

My CPU is running at around 30% capacity with nothing but OneDrive running. Part of that, I believe, is the system trying to Sync those two views.

iTunes also can not seem to tell the real OneDrive from the "This PC" view and does not download music properly.

Just need to know if removing the "This PC" version of OneDrive will affect the real OneDrive and what I need to do to safely remove the copy.

Thanks,

TheOldPuterMan

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy d904adf0-1ab9-4a81-9ed9-c82f898c87ef?upload=true.png

:)

The Old Puter Man, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 5, 2018
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 5, 2018
  4. doylebob Win User

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

OneDrive keeps crashing in Windows 10

Hi,

Quick update. This fixed it for me:

I suggest you to try resetting OneDrive and check if it helps you in resolving the issue. To do so refer the steps below:

Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run
      Window
    • In the Run Window enter the following:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

doylebob, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

1. Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy - Similar Threads - views OneDrive driing

2. Two versions of Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two versions of Onedrive: I had Onedrive on a PC and laptop, both synching fine until July. I was then prompted to get the Private Store on my laptop but it then showed Onedrive-Personal and, since then they stopped synching. Iwant to keep everything on my original version but get a replacement PC....
  3. Two versions of Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two versions of Onedrive: I had Onedrive on a PC and laptop, both synching fine until July. I was then prompted to get the Private Store on my laptop but it then showed Onedrive-Personal and, since then they stopped synching. Iwant to keep everything on my original version but get a replacement PC....
  4. OneDrive on two computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive on two computers: Two computers with Windows 10. I have One Drive up and running. On one computer One Drive and all files are accessible via Windows File Explorer on computer 1On the computer 2, the icon on the task bar says not signed in. In Windows Explorer files are not accessible. However...
  5. Two OneDrive Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Two OneDrive Icons: I have a blue one and a gray one. I'm used to the blue one, but the gray one shows a different UI. Where could it have arrived from? Is this another case like "Outlook" and "Outlook.com? Can I delete or merge the gray one? Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1 Installed on...
  6. Two OneDrives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OneDrives: I seem to have two OneDrives, one accessed from Xcel & Word and probably other things in MS Office 365 and one that shows up on File Explorer and contains many other file types. One must have come with the MS Surface and the second when I got MS Office 365. How can I find...
  7. Onedrive file navigation crazy slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive file navigation crazy slow: Hi everyone. I just did a new build with Windows 10. Specs below: 10900k Asus z490 Rog Hero 64gb Ram 1tb Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME 1tb Samsung 860 EVO SATA RTX 3080 So the computer is great and speedy but when it comes to file navigation on onedrive its incredibly slow....
  8. Two paths to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Two paths to OneDrive: I cant remember how, but a new a Folder has been generated in Explorer with my NAME, this folder contains nearly all of the files/folders showing in the default storage location, ie C:\Users\Jim Smith\, I have therefore now got a set of duplicate files in the system, more...
  9. Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Standby mode sucking all battery dry on two separate computers: hi guys, i recently bought one new battery for my asus and noticed something odd. I put the laptop to sleep the other day and i think i had 30% or something, then when switched the power on it had 0% after only 7-8 hours of MY sleep :). this is like the 3rd time happening...
  10. OneDrive Explorer View

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Explorer View: Hi, New on here a just taken plunge with w10. Not bad at all on this Surface Pro 3. In windows explorer there is an option what folders to show and synchronise. It used to be that the file 'impression' was there but the actual file on the cloud. It now seems that to have...