Windows 10: Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

Discus and support Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two views of OneDrive showing in File Explorer and they seem to be driving my system, and iTunes, up the wall. As shown in the attached... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by The Old Puter Man, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

I have two views of OneDrive showing in File Explorer and they seem to be driving my system, and iTunes, up the wall.

As shown in the attached screenshot the first has the normal Blue Cloud symbol for OneDrive and has all the expected folders and files. The Second is under This PC but has a Document symbol on the folder.

They both have the same number of folders and files so I am presuming that the OneDrive folder under This PC is simply another view. I believe that I created this little monster when trying to move some folders but am very reluctant to remove/Delete the "This PC" view out of concern that I might inadvertently delete the original OneDrive also.

My CPU is running at around 30% capacity with nothing but OneDrive running. Part of that, I believe, is the system trying to Sync those two views.

iTunes also can not seem to tell the real OneDrive from the "This PC" view and does not download music properly.

Just need to know if removing the "This PC" version of OneDrive will affect the real OneDrive and what I need to do to safely remove the copy.

Thanks,

TheOldPuterMan

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy d904adf0-1ab9-4a81-9ed9-c82f898c87ef?upload=true.png

:)

The Old Puter Man, Dec 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 5, 2018
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Dec 5, 2018
  4. doylebob Win User

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

OneDrive keeps crashing in Windows 10

Hi,

Quick update. This fixed it for me:

I suggest you to try resetting OneDrive and check if it helps you in resolving the issue. To do so refer the steps below:

Be aware that resetting OneDrive re-syncs all your OneDrive files, which could take some time depending on how many files you’re syncing.

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run
      Window
    • In the Run Window enter the following:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Click OK. The OneDrive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.
    • If the OneDrive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following. In the Run Window Enter: %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

doylebob, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy

1. Two views of OneDrive driing system crazy - Similar Threads - views OneDrive driing

2. Two entries in Explorer for Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two entries in Explorer for Onedrive: Explorer shows two instances of Onedrive. They are not duplicates of each other. How do I "merge" into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-entries-in-explorer-for-onedrive/0782fde1-cb16-436c-8e00-93235a2e4df0"
  3. This is crazy . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    This is crazy . .: It's not happening, on this Forum. But it does happen on other screens. Example: Movies, Videos and Music. What, I'm talking about, is a small rectangular window, on the bottom, right side of my screen. It's running, all the time!. It shows commercials, and other things....
  4. Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive

Syncing Two PC's with OneDrive: Hey, I would like to use OneDrive to sync two laptops to have the same files. Right now I am syncing desktop and document folders, but I would like to set it so if I delete/modify something on one laptop it will also delete/modify it from the onedrive cloud and then the other...
  5. Crazy , , ,

in Windows 10 Customization
    Crazy , , ,: I used to have black as the color of my taskbar . . . But, now it's white? I went to settings/color and picked a color, but there was no way to save it? So it stayed white. I would like to pick another color, for example . . . Black, Navy or whatever! I'll keep an eye on...
  6. Onedrive 'Shared with me' view

Onedrive 'Shared with me' view: Our organization is very confused on the shared folder. We want to see what is shared by a folder view, this would make it easier to get back to a folder and file quicker. Listing everything is quite confusing. We have specific things that are shared between certain people...
  7. Viewing documents stored on OneDrive

Viewing documents stored on OneDrive: When I want to open & view one, particular document that is stored in OneDrive, must I download it first? * Moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. Two OneDrive accounts question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Two OneDrive accounts question: In a small office we are in the process of renewing the main PC and have a query about OneDrive account. I did not realise that the older pc which is running Windows7 had a OneDrive folder and has Office Home and Student installed, the ISP IMAP email account is used to sign...
  9. OneDrive Explorer View

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Explorer View: Hi, New on here a just taken plunge with w10. Not bad at all on this Surface Pro 3. In windows explorer there is an option what folders to show and synchronise. It used to be that the file 'impression' was there but the actual file on the cloud. It now seems that to have...
  10. A Tale of Two Systems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A Tale of Two Systems: Here is a comparison of a typical reliability graph between a system running Windows 7 versus one running Windows 10. Both systems are running on top-of-the-line hardware, and during the time these snapshots were taken pretty much all activity was in web browsing (similar...