Windows 10: Two weather icons

Discus and support Two weather icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! I now have two weather icons on my home screen and I'd like to get rid of one but I don't know how. Thanks for any help. Tonya... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tonania, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Tonania Win User

Two weather icons

Hi!

I now have two weather icons on my home screen and I'd like to get rid of one but I don't know how. Thanks for any help.

Tonya

:)

Tonania, Oct 5, 2018

2. Weather

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• What steps have you taken so far?
    • Did you receive any error message when running, the icon Weather?

Renaldo cru, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    What applet provides the weather info displayed on the lock screen?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps to set your default location and check if that helps.

1. Type Weather on search and click on setting (Gear icon)

2. Select your location and set as default.

Follow the Steps to set Weather app in lock screen.

• Type Lock screen setting in Search.
    • Under Choose an app to show the detailed status.
    • Select Weather; restart your computer

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Two weather icons

MSN Weather App live tile keeps stopping

Hi,

Since you already completed the troubleshooting provided and it did not resolve the concern with the live tile of the MSN Weather app not updating, we suggest that you reset the MSN Weather app by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings
      app and then select System from the list of options shown.
    • Under the System options menu, select the option on the left-hand panel labeled
      Apps & features.
    • Under Apps & features, scroll down through the list of apps installed on your computer and locate the
      Weather app.
    • Select the Weather app and then click on the link "Advanced options".
    • Once you have the "Advanced options" menu open, click on the button labeled "Reset".
    • Once you click on the "Reset" button another prompt will show up notifying you if you would like to complete the reset. Just click on the "Reset" button to complete the process.

Once you complete the steps provided, we suggest that you restart the computer first before you proceed to set up the MSN Weather app again and also verify if the live tile will update properly or not. If the steps still do not resolve your concern we suggest
    that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to provide feedback from within the app and provide as much detail as you can to resolve the concern. Refer to the section in the article labeled "Send ideas for improving the app" for the steps to submit your feedback.

Feel free to reach out to us for further concerns.

Jordan Dom, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Two weather icons

1. Two weather icons - Similar Threads - weather icons

2. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.: Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows...
  3. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.: Okay, this has been happening once in a while since I ever got the update that introduced this however I been curious what and why does it happen?It basically removes the weather from my bar and reduces the thing to a simple newspaper icon, clicking or hovering on it shows...
  4. News/Weather bar sometimes turns into a newspaper icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why my weather widget is displaying wrong Sun icon since many days ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my weather widget is displaying wrong Sun icon since many days ?: Since many days my weather widget is most of the times displaying the Haze icon of the Sun in spite the air being of good qualityas mentioned in the weather information section of the widget. In the weather information section it is giving different weather information which...
  6. Why my weather widget is displaying wrong Sun icon since many days ?

Why my weather widget is displaying wrong Sun icon since many days ?: Since many days my weather widget is most of the times displaying the Haze icon of the Sun in spite the air being of good qualityas mentioned in the weather information section of the widget. In the weather information section it is giving different weather information which...
  7. Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. How can I fix this?: Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. Uploading a screen shot doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-scroll-down-on-microsoft-windows-the/a3e48c19-24c4-44a6-896a-04b8de7bc140
  8. Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. How can I fix this?

Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. How can I fix this?: Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. Uploading a screen shot doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-scroll-down-on-microsoft-windows-the/a3e48c19-24c4-44a6-896a-04b8de7bc140
  9. Whenever I scroll down on microsoft windows the weather and icons overlap. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Why Weather widget shows sun icon at night.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Weather widget shows sun icon at night.: My weather widget is not working correctly. It shows sun in night. This problem came 3 days back. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 'Windows Web Experience Pack' but nothing worked. I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 22621.1555.In Edge browser, it looks like this:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Weather icons for download for msn weather one by one