Windows 10: Two Wi-Fi issues on separate pc's

Discus and support Two Wi-Fi issues on separate pc's in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On one laptop...Dell Latitude E6520, the Wi-Fi will just drop. I can go to networks and reconnect each time but it drops sporadically. On a custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jseivers, Mar 15, 2015.

1. jseivers Win User

Two Wi-Fi issues on separate pc's

On one laptop...Dell Latitude E6520, the Wi-Fi will just drop. I can go to networks and reconnect each time but it drops sporadically.

On a custom built pc with a Wi-Fi adapter, it does not drop at all, but after a reboot, Windows does not remember that network even though I checked the Remember radio button.

Not a real bad deal, but it is annoying. The Dell laptop has the Dell 1520 n card and the other pc had a TP Link TL-WN725N.

:)

jseivers, Mar 15, 2015
  2. TimL2 Win User

How to get WP to connect to preferred Wi-Fi connection?

I have a BT Home Hub router which transmits three separate networks: my own named one, and two generic ones, BT Wi-Fi and BT Wi-Fi-with-FON. Just lately my Nokia Lumia 710 has insisted on locking on to the BT Wi-Fi connection (through which nothing will
    download unless I run the BT Wi-Fi app). I then have to select my own network manually.

Is there a way of getting Windows Phone to connect to my preferred Wi-Fi network first time and ignore the other two? It always used to do that.

-- Tim L

TimL2, Mar 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 5GHz Mobile Hotspot Option

Hi,

Just a hunch here but since the "router" supports only 2.4GHZ what makes you believe that you can create a 5GHZ hotspot connection to it from your PC? These are two separate and distinct Wi-Fi protocols.

I could be wrong but I believe that what you are attempting to do is not possible without additional hardware (such as a new router coupled with an internet service) that supports both 2.4 and 5 GHZ Wi-Fi frequency connection capabilities?

Good luck,

-Richard

RichardEiler, Mar 15, 2015
Thema:

Two Wi-Fi issues on separate pc's

1. Two Wi-Fi issues on separate pc's - Similar Threads - issues separate pc's

2. Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi issues: I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it that will not connect to the wifi no matter what I do. I have tried uninstalling and upgrading drivers and disabling Windows firewall, and it keeps saying “Can’t connect to this network”. Please help....
  3. Wi-Fi Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Issues: Hello I just purchased a laptop with windows 11And after installing it I went to schoolI started having a problem with trying to connect to their Wi-FiIt tells me “action needed” but no website pops upSo i can’t sign into my computer because I need Wi-Fi to do that, and I...
  4. Wi-Fi Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Issue?: Hello,For about the last 3 months or so, from time to time, I get this message on the screen of my laptop:Your connection was InterruptedA Network Change was Detected It happens almost every time I change from one page to another: such as from email to web browsing to search...
  5. Wi-Fi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi issue: Hi, My Wi-Fi adapter stops working unexpectedly and it does not get fixed until I shutdown then start the PC doing a "restart" does not work, and sometimes even shutdown/start does not help. I installed the latest intel drivers 21.90.3.2 but I'm still having the same issue....
  6. Wi-Fi issues

Wi-Fi issues: My Wi-Fi disconnects frequently, but when I troubleshoot the issue is fixed, I’m reconnected, and after 10 or so seconds my internet disconnects again. This has been happening for most of the day, even though I “fixed” the same issue a few days ago. I’ve done everything....
  7. PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

PC connection issue (Wi-Fi): I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in...
  8. PC connection issue (Wi-Fi)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC connection issue (Wi-Fi): I have 2 PCs hooked up, both running Windows 10. My PC in the living room is connected directly to the cable modem and I am using a portable Wi-Fi adapter (Netgear Genie) for my PC in the bedroom. Everything was working fine until a few days ago when I lost my Wi-Fi signal in...
  9. Wi-Fi issue

Wi-Fi issue: I recently upgraded my PC from Win 7 to Win 10 Pro. I've been using ethernet cable to connect to the Internet for 2 months, and all was well. Two days ago I switched to Wi-Fi using a USB Realtek dongle, which I've used for years with Win 7 and with Linux without a problem....
  10. Wi Fi Issues

Wi Fi Issues: Hi, I have just installed a new Lap Top It works just fine along with my I pad and I phone on the wif fi system just as my old lap top did . But .......when I connect the lap top to the internet through the wi fi I lose the wi fi connection to the I pad . and when I...