Windows 10: Two wifi adapter connection issue

Discus and support Two wifi adapter connection issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Alright, so I have two wifi adapter, one that connects to the wifi, and the other I use as a hotspot so that my tablet can connect to and get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshWinterz, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Two wifi adapter connection issue

Alright, so I have two wifi adapter, one that connects to the wifi, and the other I use as a hotspot so that my tablet can connect to and get a stronger signal than if I tried to connect directly to the wifi. lately however, when I connect the first one to the internet, after an amount of time, the computer has been forcefully giving the wifi password to the second adapter, disconnecting my first adapter and turning off my hotspot. It's been getting irritating because when I disconnect the second router from internet and the click forget. It not only forgets on the second router but on the first one as well.

So I try ignoring it and letting both connect, but my first router gets a stronger connection, to I try to set that one as the main. But of course the computer has other plans and continually disconnects the first one and gives access to the second adapter. Ironically when the second one is connected, I get a stronger signal, but no internet access.

Please help

:)

AshWinterz, Jan 12, 2020

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Two wifi adapter connection issue [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jan 12, 2020
  3. simrick Win User
    When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

Hi Wabbles and welcome to Tenforums.

I've got 4 systems connecting via wireless; all adapters are different makes; all have zero issues, and two of them are old (wireless-G only). Most every issue I have seen with wireless connections has been driver-related. (Or, impending router failure.) I would suggest identifying your adapter model/make, and searching for different drivers that you can try out. And, sometimes an older driver works better than a newer one (just had this issue on a system I was working on yesterday). Also, verify you have these same connection issues when connecting to different routers, just to rule that out.

simrick, Jan 12, 2020
  4. WG9
    WG9 Win User

Two wifi adapter connection issue

Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

Thema:

Two wifi adapter connection issue

1. Two wifi adapter connection issue - Similar Threads - wifi adapter connection

2. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  3. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Adapter Issues: Does anyone else ever get a similar issue?After about a year my custom gigabyte PC will start getting intermittent internet connection then no connection at all while EVERYTHING ELSE in my house runs perfectly fine. I use little USB adapters like Netgear or TP-Link.Being in...
  4. Wifi Adapter Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI ADAPTER ISSUES!!

WIFI ADAPTER ISSUES!!: I have been having this issue for months and I feel like I've tried everything. I'm not 10/10 when it comes to tech/Windows stuff, so please bare with me. But if someone- anyone- can help me with this, I will forever be grateful to you!!!!Some keypoints so that this will make...
  6. Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network

Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network: I am not able to connect to wifi as it is not getting detected. I have to then execute the netsh command and restart machine. This fixes the problem for some time however in few mins the connection is lost again. Can someone help how i can fix this. the problem has started...
  7. wifi adapter issue

wifi adapter issue: My laptop hotspot uses Microsoft wifi direct virtual adapter #2 on my laptop. hotspot works as normal when i enable hotspot. however when i off hotspot the ssid of the network still appears from another device like my phone isnt it supposed to be off? and furthermore the ssid...
  8. Wifi adapter issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter issues: I’ve had my adapter for over 3 years now and the pst few weeks every 10 min or so the wifi signal gets very weak and eventually disconnects while my phone is giving me an upwards of 50mb/s. Tonight it just gives me the message “no internet, connected.” The adapter has been...
  9. WiFi Adapter issue

WiFi Adapter issue: Hey I am not able to setup mobile hotspot in my Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330 laptop and also not able to screen shareI tried to update my drives but the issue still continues even the "Hosted network supported : No" even i am not able to screen share it says "Wireless...
  10. Issue with WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with WiFi adapter: Whenever I unplug and re plug the wireless adapter, my WiFi runs fine for about 1-2 mins. Then, later on it says no internet but I’m still connected. This happened for almost a week and only happens exclusively on 1 computer. submitted by /u/XythesBwuaghl [link]...