Windows 10: Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

Discus and support Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two machines running Windows 10 1903 connected via Ethenet to the same Ehtenet switch. Until recenlty, running a network speed test on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fixpertise, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

I have two machines running Windows 10 1903 connected via Ethenet to the same Ehtenet switch.

Until recenlty, running a network speed test on both machines would yield essentially the same results as long as the same server was being used. It didn't matter what speed test was used.

With MegaPath Speakeasy, the download speed was consistenlty around 150 Mbps and upload around 6 Mbps. After the upgrade to 1903, one machine has dropped to a download speed consistently between 35 and 65 Mbps while the other consistenly shows a download speed around 150Mbps. No undelying drivers have changed!

I have tried almost every suggested remedy I could find, but nothing makes any difference whatsoever, including updating to mre recent versions of the Ethernet adapter driver.

Any suggestions would be apprciated, but pleas skip suggesting running the Network TroubleShooter.

:)

fixpertise, Oct 20, 2019

2. Network Speed Test results significantly different from Okla SpeedTest

Running the Network Speed Test app on a Win 10 computer I consistently get results significantly different than the de facto tool Speedtest from Okla.

eg.

App
    Download (Mbps)
    Upload (Mbps)

MS Speedtest

Okla Speedtest

They both measure in Mega bits per second Mbps.

Any idea why the results are so different?

BernieMacNeil, Oct 20, 2019
  3. How do I get the Network Speed Test for Windows 10?

There isn't a network speed test program built into Windows 10, but as BulldogXX suggests there are many ones you can install. On the other hand testing networks is both simple and complex.

Simple, copy a large file from (and from) one machine to another and watch the network performance in the Task manager/Resource Manager, or just time it and calculate the speed.

Complex, because if it is "dysfunctional" on your machine it most likely isn't raw speed that you are talking about, and as such it there are all kinds of things that can affect the "feel" of the network. As in it might delay before doing something and
    then take off at full speed.

A_User_Here, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

Network Speed Test

Here is a screen shot of two network speed tests done at approximately the same time, with very different results. Any ideas why the difference and, if appropriate, why they are different.

Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results c1b7e93c-e4f3-4c50-b504-6fef9cef6da3?upload=true.png

Mr Markham, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results

1. Two WIn 10 machines on same network with different network speed test results - Similar Threads - machines same network

2. DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK: This article is published, because we have received numerous customer’s queries, complaints, and feedback, that they need an action plan to access different machines on a same network and effective ways to troubleshoot them. In this article, we discussed ways to setup a...
  3. DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DIFFERENT WAYS TO ACCESS DIFFERENT WINDOWS MACHINES ON A SAME NETWORK: This article is published, because we have received numerous customer’s queries, complaints, and feedback, that they need an action plan to access different machines on a same network and effective ways to troubleshoot them. In this article, we discussed ways to setup a...
  4. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

2 "tests", same PC, different results...: If I want windows 11, How can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-tests-same-pc-different-results/264d9564-5134-4c5e-af64-edee3447b4f9
  5. 2 "tests", same PC, different results...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 "tests", same PC, different results...: If I want windows 11, How can fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-tests-same-pc-different-results/264d9564-5134-4c5e-af64-edee3447b4f9
  6. Network speed test

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network speed test: Network speed test - service to perform network speed test not available error -try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-speed-test/e20a44e6-96e4-4ee8-8a3d-258ecfbbeebd
  7. Network Speed Test Error?

Network Speed Test Error?: Hi, When I try t run the Microsoft "Network Speed Test" app. I get the error: Service unavailable Looks like the service to perofrm a speed test isn't available right now. Try again later. I have tried uninstall / reset and it does not fix the problem. Thanks, Ward....
  8. Network Speed Test Not Working

Network Speed Test Not Working: Speed Test from MS store stopped working about a month ago. It says the service is unavailable, try again later. I have used it for a few years before this with no problems....
  9. Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.

Varying Internet Speed Test Results on PC's Connected To Same Network.: I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work exclusively and the Acer is primarily for multimedia stuff. I use the laptops at home and at work. At home I have a Huawei B315 LTE...
  10. Win speed test different from Speed test.

Win speed test different from Speed test.: My laptop, a Dell Studio 1535 running WIN 10, is ethernet connected to my Century Link 1000A modem/router, When I run the speed test, on the laptop, provided by windows it displays 5.?? mbit upload and a 5.?? download. When I run SpeedTest I get a 5.?? upload and a 47 mbit...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does sharing microft 10 account between two pcs affect speed?