Windows 10: Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them.

Discus and support Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 windows 10 pc's sitting 5 feet from each other. I've set them up to share. I am using my microsoft login on both machines (1 login). I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rumblefish, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them.

I have 2 windows 10 pc's sitting 5 feet from each other. I've set them up to share. I am using my microsoft login on both machines (1 login). I can move files from PC B to PC A, but not From PC A to PC B.
    when i attempt to move a file from PC A to PC B i get a message: Destination Folder Access Denied. You need permission to perform this action."

i have selected share options the amongst the two pcs for the files i want to share and can't figure out why it wont transfer both ways? any suggestions?

:)

rumblefish, Jan 21, 2019
  2. DaleNoel Win User

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jan 21, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 21, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them.

Sharing files between 2 Win 7 PC's that are connected through Wireless

Rather than explaining this to you step by step I thought it would be a handy idea to let you have a look at this link which takes you through the step by step instructions to set up your network for Windows 7.

Techtu, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them.

1. Two Win 10 PC network not letting me move files between them. - Similar Threads - network letting move

2. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: Hi, After much head scratching and frustration, I have finally connected my Win 10 and Win 11 Laptops.I did the following things:1 Made sure both laptops are in the same Workgroup2 Made sure all drives in question are shared at least Read-only access3 Made sure that Network...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  5. Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers

Network between Win 10 and Win 11 computers: I had 2 Win 10 computers that talked to each other fine. Through Windows Explorer I was able to see and manipulate files one the other. Now that one of the computers is Win 11, I can't see the other either direction. The target folders are all shared with full control...
  6. Problem with network between win 10 + win 11

Problem with network between win 10 + win 11: Hi,I have 2PC, PC S with win 10 and PC B with win 11,previosuly both PC were in Win 10 and were able to see/connect each other, I had upgraded PC with new mother board and fresh installed win 11.Now PC B win 11 can see, and connect to PC A win 10, but PC A can see PC B but...
  7. Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing folders and files between two PC's on the same network: I have two computers on my LAN. Desktop is Homeuser-pc. Laptop is User-pc. I can access shared Homeuser-pc files from User-pc. I can’t access User-pc files from Homeuser-pc. I have pinged both computers from the other and parcels have been received. I have shared all of my...
  8. In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  9. In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    In Win 10: Where're the files that I cancelled moving them?: From the task bar; I clicked on the desktop icon. Till appeared from the sub menus: the E drive "not system drive". I clicked to move it to the desktop. The computer said it's moving it. I changed my mind; so I paused the operation. Then I cancelled it. After that I didn't...
  10. Moving cursor between two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....