Windows 10: Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't.

Discus and support Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 computers, one can access files on a Win98 pc, the other can't and produces error 0x80070035 when I try. A: connects - Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stanhilliard, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't.

I have two Windows 10 computers, one can access files on a Win98 pc, the other can't and produces error 0x80070035 when I try.

A: connects - Windows 10 Home in v18.0.363 HP spectre laptop.

B: fails - Windows 10 Pro v10.0.19041 in Dell T1700 destop.

C: Homebuilt Windows 98 tower.

What might explain why the Dell T1700 won't connect.

History. The Dell previously could access files on the Win98. It lost that ability, I think, after a recent windows update to v10.0.19041.

:)

stanhilliard, Sep 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2020
  3. MRCL Win User
    Win98 PC

So yeah, Ißm trying to setup a "new" Win98 PC. Even had to order a P4 (Socket 478) trough eBay, wich suprisingly came delivered without any issues. Now to my problem...

I built the parts together, put in the Win98 Setup Disc (yes, I still legally owne one) and want to start setup. But it wonßt work.

First, i got to the usual blue setup-dialogue-thing, as it somewhen told me to reboot my PC, wich i did. But booting up again, after the device listing, it tells me to "press a key to reboot". So I´m in a kinda circle here.

Second, I swiched HDs, and NOW it tells me, that I have to create a DOS-partition on the HD. Followed by a DOS-Command-field. Now, how the heck do I do this? I can´t even reach the option window for formatting, nor do I know how to do that via DOS commands...

Does ANYBODY here have an idea what I can do*Frown Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't. :(

PS: All the parts are from PCs wich ran Win98 and everything is in good condition.

Thanks a lot for any advice*Smile Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't. :)

4. taward Win User

Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't.

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't.

1. Two Windows 10 computers, one can access Win98 pc, the other can't. - Similar Threads - computers access Win98

2. Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.: Hi all,One of our users had a network shared folder mapped as a drive on his previous laptop.He got a new laptop from us lately, and when we tried to access the same path with the same user credentials, it said he doesn't have the permissions for that folder.It's weird and...
  3. Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access a shared folder on one computer, but not on the other.: Hi all,One of our users had a network shared folder mapped as a drive on his previous laptop.He got a new laptop from us lately, and when we tried to access the same path with the same user credentials, it said he doesn't have the permissions for that folder.It's weird and...
  4. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  5. Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access other computer in network but other can access mine: so i cant acces other computer via network sharing but other computer can access mine. im in windows 11 newest version please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-other-computer-in-network-but-other/47ecbb83-f674-4a16-8b3b-9d94630e132e
  6. Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Win 10 computers. One can access the other, but it is one way only.: Older HP desktop can access new Asus laptop but the Asus cannot get into the HP. Have Norton Security installed on both. I've tried disabling firewalls. Nothing works. Both computers can access Internet....
  7. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other: Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1 115110
  8. Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other

in Windows 10 Support
    Two computers on same homegroup but only one can see the other: Ok, I have a homegroup win 10, two computers on network, share options checked for all drives on both with everyone as user. Computer1 can see the Computer2 and all hard drives, the Computer 2 can not see Computer1 115110
  9. Two win10 computers, one can access nas files the other cannot

Two win10 computers, one can access nas files the other cannot: I recently obtained a new Surface Pro 4 running win10 pro to replace an older laptop also running 64b win10 pro. The old laptop can access all of the files on my NAS Buffalo TeraStation via a router (both hardwired and wireless). The new computer can access the TeraStation...
  10. Two Windows 10 computers can access others files with sharing disabled

Two Windows 10 computers can access others files with sharing disabled: I have a laptop and a desktop, both running Windows 10 on the same login. I have been modifying network settings, and I have noticed that if my laptop has network discovery totally disabled, but I enable it on my desktop, my desktop can start accessing the laptops files....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. access win98 0x80070035