Windows 10: Two Windows 10 PCs using the same Microsoft account for login claim invalid network credentials

Discus and support Two Windows 10 PCs using the same Microsoft account for login claim invalid network credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I have 2 Windows 10 computers that will not allow me to share files or connect over the network. When attempting to do so it claims that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by barinelg_, Aug 3, 2021.

1. barinelg_ Win User

Two Windows 10 PCs using the same Microsoft account for login claim invalid network credentials

Hello. I have 2 Windows 10 computers that will not allow me to share files or connect over the network. When attempting to do so it claims that the credentials are not valid. Both computers use the exact same Microsoft account with the exact same pin to log in. Both the actual password for the account and pin fail as a password. All of the Windows credentials are removed to insure no conflicts. Both computers' names are correctly displayed in Explorer. I can confirm the PCs can talk to one another since a 3rd party mouse and keyboard sharing application works fine.Any ideas?

:)

barinelg_, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-10-sign-options

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 3, 2021
  3. batlhilz Win User
    Network Credentials

add a password to your sharing machines logon, try login then with the same credentials but using "XXXXXX\username" as the login where the xxxxx is the sharing computer name. (remember big letters)

batlhilz, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Two Windows 10 PCs using the same Microsoft account for login claim invalid network credentials

option to change the login credentials on Windows 10 computer

Hello Ankit,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We would like to know if you have received any email when you say Microsoft gave me an option to change the login credentials on my Windows 10 computer

Again, please be informed that in order to change the Login ID credentials, you need to access you Microsoft Account at the first place, in this case which would be recovering the Microsoft Account(MSA).

I suggest you to follow the recommended link which was earlier suggested.

Getting back into your Microsoft account if it’s been compromised

Once you recover your MSA, you can refer to the below steps to change the credentials.

• Login to https://login.live.com.
    • Specify the current Windows live ID and password in the available fields and click
      Sign in.
    • On Microsoft account page, make sure that Overview category is selected from the left pane.
    • From the right pane, click Rename account under Account summary.
    • From the right pane of the next page, make sure that Create a new email address radio button is selected under
      Rename your Microsoft account.

Hope it helps this time.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Two Windows 10 PCs using the same Microsoft account for login claim invalid network credentials

1. Two Windows 10 PCs using the same Microsoft account for login claim invalid network credentials - Similar Threads - PCs using same

2. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  3. Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two PCs, same login, both PCs as admins.: Hi, Very simple question I have a PC which is a 3 year old PC as a “hand me down” scenario. The old account from the previous user who is a family member is still on the computer and did not remove it before giving it to me. I don’t use this one as I use my own. When using...
  4. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?: Here's what I got. I know I'm in over my head and am a little overwhelmed with the various nomenclatures.Years ago, in first setting up onto the internet, I named something as "bullwinkle". Can't say if that's my modem's nickname, or my wi-fi network's name, or a network name...
  5. Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are my two PCs and laptop even on the same network?: Here's what I got. I know I'm in over my head and am a little overwhelmed with the various nomenclatures.Years ago, in first setting up onto the internet, I named something as "bullwinkle". Can't say if that's my modem's nickname, or my wi-fi network's name, or a network name...
  6. Using a laptop on the same network as a desktop using same credentials.

Using a laptop on the same network as a desktop using same credentials.: I am trying to connect to access files on my desktop using my laptop on the same network with both pc's using the same microsoft account but, when I try to connect it asks me to enter user credentials to connect. That's the microsoft account I am using on the other pc right?...
  7. Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Login to Windows 10 on two computers using same Microsoft account login.: I have a Windows 10 laptop that I log into with my Microsoft account. I am about to start using another Windows 10 laptop and wanted to know if I can also login to that computer with the same Microsoft account? If I do, will my OneDrive backup be overwrite my current laptop...
  8. Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs: I would just like to know if I can use the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs, since I intend to purchase a more powerful one and I don’t think I can sell my old PC, so that I intend to just leave my account logged on into it and refer to the files and other apps every so...
  9. Invalid login credentials on boot

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Invalid login credentials on boot: Hello, My Windows 10 was automatically logging me in, until recently, when it started showing me the following "The username and password is invalid. Please try again" https://i.imgur.com/BLM98pk.jpg << Screenshot Then it asks me to enter my Microsoft account...
  10. Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs

Shared folders with same accounts on two PCs: If I have an administrator account on two PCs on my local network, both with the same names and passwords, shouldn't they be able to have the same access on each other's PCs? For example, if I have a shared folder \\PC1\Folder and the local account Bob with the password...