Windows 10: Two windows 10 search bar's!?

Discus and support Two windows 10 search bar's!? in Cortana to solve the problem; So I got the windows 10 insider preview builds and there are two windows 10 and I don't really get why we need two that have the same purpose can some... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DisarmedCar6490, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Two windows 10 search bar's!?

So I got the windows 10 insider preview builds and there are two windows 10 and I don't really get why we need two that have the same purpose can some one clear that up please?

:)

DisarmedCar6490, Mar 24, 2019

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 24, 2019
  3. I_askYou Win User
    Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Mar 24, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

Two windows 10 search bar's!?

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Two windows 10 search bar's!?

1. Two windows 10 search bar's!? - Similar Threads - search bar's

2. Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Search bar on the top of my windows 10 screen, how can i fix it?: Just recently a white bar popped up on the top of my screen and I'm not sure what it is and how to fix it. I've tried searching through settings to find out what it is and nothing would show, I've tried looking for foreign fills and there isn't any that are new. whenever I...
  3. Windows Search bar and Settings

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Settings: Dear Microsoft, i cannot type in search bar and settings with my keyboard i hope you can fix it and help me :) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-and-settings/9e208118-0b9a-4278-8af7-e6ff5c3a9185"
  4. Unable to type in search bars of Apps downloaded from microsoft store and a major Proxy Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to type in search bars of Apps downloaded from microsoft store and a major Proxy Problem: Hello.; I have many set of problems going on ....I am using Windows 10 home....yesterday suddenly i was not able to change the proxy address and the LAN settings optionwas blurred out....an info was shown that some setting are managed by system administrator....and well i am...
  5. Missing icons in search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing icons in search bar: I have a problem when i search for some programs (winrar, file explorer, registry editor, paint etc.) icons don't show up they are just white with X in middle any solution? [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches: Sometimes, when I'm on my computer, and I want to search up something with the search box, and I click on the Cortana icon, the search menu suddenly closes and I can't open it: when I try, it just closes the menu after half of a second. It's pretty easy to solve this issue, I...
  7. My search box has disappeared from task bar. I can't get it back again.

My search box has disappeared from task bar. I can't get it back again.: How can I get the search box back, it appears an update removed it. Is this related to Cortana which I've never used. Windows 10. Totally frustrated novice. Control panel, when you can find it appears to have changed also as I can't find search information from there or...
  8. Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general...

in Cortana
    Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general...: Yes I have updated the computer umpteen times and reset the windows store app. And I have reset and re-indexed the the search "indexing options" thing. I also hit the "troubleshoot search and indexing" I even did an sfc/ scannow on command prompt all to no avail. The problem...
  9. Internet search not working from the search task bar

Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...
  10. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...