Windows 10: Two windows boot managers in the boot menu.

Discus and support Two windows boot managers in the boot menu. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought a new SSD and cloned the windows from my previous HDD. My windows booted up from SSD properly. But I still have OS installed on HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sameer Batra, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Two windows boot managers in the boot menu.

I recently bought a new SSD and cloned the windows from my previous HDD. My windows booted up from SSD properly. But I still have OS installed on HDD as there were two windows boot managers in boot menu.

:)

Sameer Batra, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Ravenas Win User

Boot menu question

Hey guys I'm trying to run windows repair on my computer by booting my computer from the vista CD, problem is the boot menu doesn't detect my USB keyboard. Are there any options in bios that will make the mobo detect my keyboard in boot menu? I don't have an analog keyboard on hand so this problem is quite annoying. *Bang Head :banghead:

Ravenas, Nov 25, 2020
  3. No startup boot menu

Hello Kimoefat,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to access the System configuration utility and check if the Operating System installation path for Ubuntu exists. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Type msconfig in the search bar and select System Configuration from the search results.
    • Select the boot tab in the System configuration console to check if the installation path for Ubuntu exists.
    If it exists, next logical step is to check if the boot menu time out has been set to 0, which results in Boot menu not showing up.

The boot menu time-out determines how long the boot menu is displayed before the default boot entry is loaded. It is calibrated in seconds. To change the boot menu time-out, use the Bootcfg
    /timeout switch. Valid values are from 0 through 999. You cannot use Bootcfg to set an indefinite time-out.

You can run the following Run command line to set the boot menu time-out accordingly. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt

• Type in the following command: bootcfg /timeout 10

timeout 10
      will set the time frame to 10 seconds
    However, if the Boot path for Ubuntu does not exist in the boot menu of System Configuration utility, I would suggest you to check if the Ubuntu is overridden by the Windows installation or if the Ubuntu installation files are corrupted.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Two windows boot managers in the boot menu.

Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Two windows boot managers in the boot menu.

1. Two windows boot managers in the boot menu. - Similar Threads - boot managers boot

2. Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows boot manager not showing in the bios boot menu.: My PC had preintsalled Windows 10UEFI.Last month,I installed some linux operating systems in my pcLegacy.So,I know that windows won't show on the grub boot menu.To start windows,I should go to the boot menu and select the "windows boot manager".Yesterday,I installed another...
  3. Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Windows Boot Managers issue dual-boot: Hello, I installed a second Windows 10 installation now I have two Windows 10 installation dual-boot. Now the newer OS is set to load by default. But when I turn the laptop on, instead of the Windows Boot Manager menu I get black screen for 30 secs the 30 secs originally...
  4. Windows boot manager boot failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows boot manager boot failure: Upon every start I am getting the message that the windows boot failed, and put a recovery disk. Pressing f8 or any other key doesn't do anything while I attempt to restart the machine. Somebody please advise. Thanks....
  5. Boot Menu

Boot Menu: I was working on an assignment for school, and I suddenly couldn’t interact with the Word tab anymore. I thought that the computer was just freezing or messed up, or something like that. I shut down the computer, then when I tried to turn it back on, the Windows Boot Menu...
  6. Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied

Stuck on boot menu not showing windows boot manager and fixbokt access denied: I have windows 10 pro and i dual boot my laptop with kali linux and after downloading it i use grub boot loader to perform dual booting and turn off windows screen protection and real time protection and make the grub boot loader as default but when i shut down and then...
  7. Boot menu

Boot menu: [IMG] Im having problems getting out of of this boot system menu I don't know how to get out and go back to repair man you do any one of you know how to get out of it because I am trying to fix my laptop because it won't let me auto repair...
  8. Windows boot manager boot failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot manager boot failed: im in the slow ring for win10 creator updates. every few weeks I get new version to install. but the last one broke my pc and got me to this boot failure message. I pressed ok few times and then OneKey recovery showed up and asked me if I want to restore my pc to its initial...
  9. Boot Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot Menu: [ATTACH]I'm getting to the point where I might just give up on this laptop at first I was just simply trying to reset pc then that didn't work so I went to youtube to fix that after that my laptop ended up doing to automatic repair thing and I couldn't go back to my desk top...
  10. Dual Boot No Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot No Boot Menu: Ladies and Gentlemen I am in a new arena and need some help. I have been in the INI and BCD Arena but not the EFI MBR. I decided to go with a new motherboard and AMD RYZEN CPU. I set up the new system and moved my hard drives with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 8.1 Pro...