Windows 10: Two Windows install, need to delete the first one

Discus and support Two Windows install, need to delete the first one in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I installed Windows on my new PC the disk utility on my install USB created at the MS site wouldn't format the SSD drive I intended to use as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ken_657, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Ken_657 Win User

Two Windows install, need to delete the first one

When I installed Windows on my new PC the disk utility on my install USB created at the MS site wouldn't format the SSD drive I intended to use as my boot drive. I ended up having to install a hard drive, install Windows on that drive, and was then able to successfully format the SSD and install Windows on the SSD as my boot drive. Now I find I'm unable to remove the hard drive because its presence is necessary for the SSD to boot. I'm only working with one license.

Is there any way I can "bless" the SSD install so I can remove the HD?

Thanks in advance - I haven't had a lot of luck looking around the internet for help.

Ken

:)

Ken_657, Jan 27, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Anusha Win User
    C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Two Windows install, need to delete the first one ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Two Windows install, need to delete the first one

Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Two Windows install, need to delete the first one

1. Two Windows install, need to delete the first one - Similar Threads - install need delete

2. Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers.: Hi,Two driver folders are in my c drive. First one is DRIVER and another one is Drivers. Both folders having same files and size. Which one I should keep?Regards....
  3. one partition, need two?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one partition, need two?: I have a 1TB drive on which I have also the system files, aka windows 10. What are the needed steps to create a distinct partition solely for system files and have another one for anything else?...
  4. one partition, need two?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one partition, need two?: I have a 1TB drive on which I have also the system files, aka windows 10. What are the needed steps to create a distinct partition solely for system files and have another one for anything else?...
  5. one partition, need two?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. two accounts - delete one please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two accounts - delete one please: I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it has subscription details etc. How do I do this?Are there any humans I can speak with. carey...
  7. two accounts - delete one please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two accounts - delete one please: I have inadvertently created two microsoft accounts. I wish to delete the one connected to my new computer. I then wish to loginto my old account as it has subscription details etc. How do I do this?Are there any humans I can speak with. carey...
  8. Delete windows and install a payed one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete windows and install a payed one: So I got my friend to set up my build pc a few years ago since I'm not great with technology, pretty sure he installed some kind of cracked windows. Turns out it is very slow now and I wanna buy a real version of windows 10. How do I do that? Will it cause everything to...
  9. Two Primary Calendars - Delete One?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Two Primary Calendars - Delete One?: Windows: Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) Application: Outlook 2019 Application I have two calendars mark as primary calendars and can't delete one of them they are bound two different email address. I can't figure out why if I have more than one email address why would only...
  10. Two Windows installations - one for MBR and one for GPT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Windows installations - one for MBR and one for GPT: I have 1 SSD and 2 PCs I want to test things on: One is new with UEFI and GPT, and one is very old with MBR Is it possible to make 2 partitions on the SSD, and install Windows on one partition on the GPT system(then the installation will automatically crate the necessary...