Windows 10: TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from

Discus and support TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I created a system image of my pc on 12/7/19 after i ran all of my scans, I saved it to an external hard drive. Later my pc started acting very odd,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LenL1, Jan 2, 2020.

1. LenL1 Win User

TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from

I created a system image of my pc on 12/7/19 after i ran all of my scans, I saved it to an external hard drive. Later my pc started acting very odd, so odd that it would not even reset!, After many days of frustration, i finally got it to reset with some files intact, using Support Assist.. after adding browsers apps etc, my pc still felt 'odd' to me. so i decided to once again create a newer system image and stored it on the same external hard drive as the first one. 1TB

In my external hard drive under the tab named WindowsImageBackup, there are TWO files one named DESKTOP, and the other is LINDA, so i changed the name of Linda to WindowsImageBackup1 since its from 12/7 and was the FIRST, i went to system restore, did not see either of those names, just 'System Image Restore Point' and Automatic Restore Point both made 1/2/20...DESKTOP there was no sign of my first windows image even when i checked "show more restore points"... so after all that over explaining sorry, im wondering why I cant restore my pc back to 12/7??

I thought about replacing the numbers from Backup 1/2/20 with the numbers from Backup 12/7/19 pasting the original numbers elsewhere so i can put things back as they were...so can you please assist me with this issue?...I want to make this REset as close to the PREset as i can. any ideas??

:)

LenL1, Jan 2, 2020
  2. SIW2 Win User

Restore from WindowsImageBackup

You could try the free (unregistered) version of diskgenius. It will tell you if there is somethimg wrong the virtual disk, otherwise, it will open and you can copy stuff out.

Compare Different Editions of DiskGenius

TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from [​IMG]

SIW2, Jan 2, 2020
  3. Win 10 WindowsImageBackup sub folder seems to have the incorrect time

Win 10 Home

Version 1703 with all available updates applied.

Control Panel \ Backup and Restore (Windows 7)

I have always thought the following represents the WindowsImageBackup folder structure.

WindowsImageBackup folder Structure (starting from root of drive)

• WindowsImageBackup
      • [Computer name]
        • Backup [date and time of backup]
          • A bunch of XML files
          • A bunch of .vhdx files
        • Catalog
          • BackupGlobalCatalog
          • GlobalCatalog
        • Logs
          • At least one .log file
        • SPPMetadataCache
          • At least one file with random letter/number combinations, separated by dashes, surrounded by {}’s
        • MediaId file
    In my case first sub folder (above) is not indicating any time that makes sense to me.

It DOES contain the correct date.

But not the time.

I created a new WindowsImageBackup folder structure earlier today at 3:00 pm Central.

But my folder ended up named "Backup 2017-08-21 195346"

Anyone know what the "195346" means ?

BTW, the date, time and zone are set correctly.

I'm so confused.

JustRayInWisconsin, Jan 2, 2020
  4. janey6 Win User

Restore from WindowsImageBackup

This is what I see in Disk Management.

janey6, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

1. TWO WindowsImageBackups...only ONE shows up to restore from - Similar Threads - WindowsImageBackups shows restore

2. w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....: set to private network on both. have tried DISM, uninstalling/reinstalling network adapter, SFC, finds no issues, tries net fix - no good. also have tried other possible solutions as posted on web....
  3. w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....: set to private network on both. have tried DISM, uninstalling/reinstalling network adapter, SFC, finds no issues, tries net fix - no good. also have tried other possible solutions as posted on web....
  4. w10 pro wired network two PCs. both show up on one but on the other only that one shows up....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  6. Two monitors showing up as one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two monitors showing up as one.: I have a 3 monitor setup on my surface go laptop one screen is connected via xbox casting and the other two are connected via the dodocool 7 in one usb c hub i have a vga and a hdmi connected they all show different thing except for the usbc hub they show the smae thing in...
  7. Restore from WindowsImageBackup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore from WindowsImageBackup: We have an iMac but I decided to use Bootcamp to partition to the hard drive as I really don't get on with Mac! Recently, I removed Bootcamp to increase the size of the partition. I have done this satisfactorily and have reinstalled Windows 10 on the Bootcamp partition....
  8. Issues Restoring from WindowsImageBackup

Issues Restoring from WindowsImageBackup: Hello, I am trying to restore a WindowsImageBackup file that I had created before sending my laptop in to HP for repairs. I am running Windows 10 and the backup was created using Windows 10 as well on my external Seagate FreeAgent Go hard drive. I have tried restoring from...
  9. Trouble Restoring from WindowsImageBackup

Trouble Restoring from WindowsImageBackup: My client's Win10 Pro computer died. Got a new Win10 Home Asus laptop. Trying to restore files from a WindowsSystemImage folder on his backup drive, but the Advanced Recovery tool doesn't recognize the external drive containing the ImageBackup folder. When I attempt to mount...
  10. restore one or two single files only from a complete image bu

restore one or two single files only from a complete image bu: If possible how do I go about recovering a few files only from a complete system image back up...if this is possible Thanks...TiminAz 73126