Windows 10: Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

Discus and support Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My configuration: Fios -> Linksys E2000 router wifi disabled ....1.1 ->3 ethernet connected computers + 1 connection to a second router:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by M Rogovin, Jul 12, 2020.

1. M Rogovin Win User

Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

My configuration: Fios -> Linksys E2000 router wifi disabled ....1.1 ->3 ethernet connected computers + 1 connection to a second router:

->TPLink Archer C7 WiFi enabled router ....0.1 -> ethernet PC + Phone interface

Until recently, only the Linksys was visible on the network I could not configure the Archer C7. After some trouble shooting with TPLink, we solved that and both are accessible via a browser interface using the local IP address. However, in the process, computers connected to one router cannot see computers connected directly to the other router, effectively isolating the two networks from each other and losing all functionality.

Should I change the gateway on the TPLink router to match the Linksys I think that was the way it was originally configured? Or is there another way to configure the two routers so that computers connected to one can see the computers connected to the other and share files.

:)

M Rogovin, Jul 12, 2020
  2. PeterV. Win User

Two PCs on the same router will not see each other

I have two PCs connected to one router. Both are on Windows 10.

PC #1: Wired connection to NETGEAR router. Connection : Network bridge..Homegroup: Joined. Name: Network-private network.

PC #2: WI-FI connection to the same router as PC #1. Connection Wi-Fi (NETGEAR). Homegroup: Joined. Name : NETGEAR - Private network.

When I tried Set up new connection or network - > Se up new network then there is no result. In other word PC1 does not see PC2 and PC2 does not see PC1. I would like to setup local network. I guess I need to change the names to the same one but I do not
    know how. Can anyone help?

Internet access works on both computers.

PeterV., Jul 12, 2020
  3. gglisch Win User
    Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update
    a couple days ago on second computer. I’ve tried all the suggestions from checking Network & Sharing to checking Services. When one was running older update version all was fine now with both running 1903 they are not discovering each other. What's am I missing
    in checking why this has happened.

gglisch, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other

1. Two wired routers on network computers no longer see each other - Similar Threads - wired routers network

2. Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.: I have three computers on my home network full time and a few more occasionally.The three that are always on the network are One old computer running Windows 7One new desktop running Windows 10One recent laptop running Windows 11[All three are fully updated for the versions...
  3. Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.: I have three computers on my home network full time and a few more occasionally.The three that are always on the network are One old computer running Windows 7One new desktop running Windows 10One recent laptop running Windows 11[All three are fully updated for the versions...
  4. Computers on same network randomly see or don't see each other.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  6. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two laptops on network cannot see each other: I have this problem everytime there's a cumulative update. Two laptops on my network cannot see each other. Cannot transfer files from one to another. What does it take to fix this thing for good? Senior citizen on fixed income. Cannot go out and buy new laptops or Windows...
  7. Two laptops on network cannot see each other

8. Getting Windows 10 Networked computers to see each other

Getting Windows 10 Networked computers to see each other: I have a Flight Simulator cockpit which is run by 3 Windows 10 Computers and 1 Windows 7 computer networked together. One day I start my computers and they all can see each other on the network, the next time I restart them only the Windows 7 can be seen by other computers. I...
  9. Why can't networked computers see each other?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't networked computers see each other?: I have two machines connected through an ethernet switch which is hooked to my home router. But each machine does not appear in the network folder of the other. Any idea why? Thanks. submitted by /u/HiawathaBray [link] [comments]...
  10. Two computer on network can't see each other anymore

Two computer on network can't see each other anymore: Updated second of two computers on same network to Update 1903. Now both are running 1903. Neither computer can see each other when Network is clicked in Explorer. One does see Media device on other computer only. This happened when I ran 1903 update a couple days ago on...