Windows 10: Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag

Discus and support Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was in a Zoom meeting on my Surface and I opened task manager due to TONS of lag and when I go to "details" it shows 2 Zoom.exe's running. One is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by littleBitsman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag

So I was in a Zoom meeting on my Surface and I opened task manager due to TONS of lag and when I go to "details" it shows 2 Zoom.exe's running. One is taking up tons of memory and CPU, and the other one just sits there and running in the backround with 11 thousand K of memory. Also my device becomes simmering hot when I run programs such as Google Meet, Skype, Zoom, etc.

Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag 046e8ea1-df48-4f1e-86bf-35483397d41a?upload=true.jpg The picture shows the 2 .exe's in Task Manager > Details with the user name blotted out for privacy.

Why is this happening? Is it bad?

:)

littleBitsman, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 17, 2020
  3. USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 17, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag

1. Two Zoom.exe running at the same time causing tons of lag - Similar Threads - Zoom exe running

2. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  3. two processes with the same name at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two processes with the same name at the same time: Hi. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit with Service Pack 1 on acer laptopEvery time when I turn on my laptop and open the task manager and open the "Processes" tab I see two processes with the same name at the same time, those two processes called "dwm.exe" .the first...
  4. Audio crackling and mouse lag at the same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio crackling and mouse lag at the same time.: Hello all, I just bought a new gaming laptop HP Pavilion 15 gaming ec2000. It came with windows 11 built in. Now I first noticed this issue on windows 11 that the audio randomly cracked with mouse lag at the same time. While playing CSGO I noticed this issue that my fps...
  5. Audio crackling and mouse lag at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio crackling and mouse lag at the same time.: Hello all, I just bought a new gaming laptop HP Pavilion 15 gaming ec2000. It came with windows 11 built in. Now I first noticed this issue on windows 11 that the audio randomly cracked with mouse lag at the same time. While playing CSGO I noticed this issue that my fps...
  6. Audio crackling and mouse lag at the same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Two SSDs reset at the same Time while PC is running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two SSDs reset at the same Time while PC is running: Hello there, My PC runs 3 SSDs, 1 M.2 NVMe Samsung with Windows installed on it Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, and 2 SATA SSDs for Storage. Now the Issue, i was using my PC, left it on the Desktop and running, came back after 30 minutes and tried to open a Programme that...
  8. Two OS's at the same time

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two OS's at the same time: Hello Microsoft Community, I was talking with an agent from Microsoft Support who told me that you could run two operating systems on your computer (for example, Windows 7 and Windows 10). He said you would just have to select which OS you would like to boot into on startup....
  9. Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do I have two antivirus running at the same time?: Hi, I just formatted my pc and I installed avast antivirus, now I don't know if it is running alongside windows defender or not. Here 2 images [ATTACH] [ATTACH] As you can see, in the first image it shows as enabled but in the other image it only shows avast. So, am I...
  10. Connect two speaker as same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect two speaker as same time: Hi i have two different speaker one speaker is normal desktop speaker that connects into 3.5 Jack and another speaker is bluetooth portable speaker but it can connect with 3.5 jack. My pc has only one speaker jack that is green i connect desktop speaker into it and bluetooth...