Windows 10: Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

Discus and support Txt. Document filling C:\ drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just wanted to let people know of a bug I found and my solution to it. In my windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikBlomdahl, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

Just wanted to let people know of a bug I found and my solution to it.

In my windows 10 user\appdata\local\packages\microsoftxboxgamingoverlay\tempstate folder, i found a txt. Document of 57 gigabyte

This was filling my C:\ drive and took me a good long while to find. I deleted the file in anger, I can't imagine it will screw anything up but if you're having the same problem, delete it at your own risk

Sorry for grammatical errors, English is not my language

:)

ErikBlomdahl, Dec 8, 2019

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Dec 8, 2019
  3. c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Dec 8, 2019
  4. busreilly Win User

Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

C Drive Keeps Filling Up

Thanks. Extremely interesting article. I followed the steps as outlined, but when I was as the step to Stop the Windows Modules Installer Service, it was already stopped. So I was not quite sure how to proceed, so I abandoned the process. Since I had
    already manually deleted most of the cab files, I now have 190 GB free space. I will closely monitor the free space to see how quickly it fills up, and if it fills up as quickly as the article suggests might happen, I will try again to follow the instructions
    to see if I can get it to work. With the service already stopped, and set to Manual, if I get to that point again, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks again for this very insightful article -- it sure explains a lot.

busreilly, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

1. Txt. Document filling C:\ drive - Similar Threads - Txt Document filling

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  4. C: Drive Filling Up Fast!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: Drive Filling Up Fast!: Hi!My laptop's Win 10 OS C: drive fills up very fast. I've tried almost everything like:1 Using cleaning software2 Deleting temp, prefetch and cache files3 Disabling Windows updates4 Allocating more space to C:5 Deleting softwareBut still within a month, or two C: fills up. I...
  5. C drive fills up randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive fills up randomly: so basically, my c drive keeps filling up randomly. it's slow but its obviously gonna eat up all my storage after a few days and idk what to do because it's in small increments so i cant view where it's coming from as it'll only show the biggest folders first :v how can i fix...
  6. C:// Drive Filling Up..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:// Drive Filling Up..: I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15 days, neither updated anything. Do you know whats wrong with it??? submitted by /u/ThatPlex [link] [comments]...
  7. c drive getting filled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive getting filled.: I don't what is root cause of this. "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart " it happen twice and then C drive empty by 70 GB . but it filled 3 GB with in few hour. How to solve it ? what are the option ? should i format laptop or not ? if I format C drive...
  8. C drive space filling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive space filling: My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space. I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete....
  9. c drive filled up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive filled up.: Mistery. I have done everthing suggested but it still fills up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-filled-up/44551698-0f97-4f57-be70-eb26615cf199
  10. Whats filling my C drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats filling my C drive?: My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings. I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows. Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB 56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C. This leaves a difference of 124GB unaccounted for. My BU and System Image are in in a...