Windows 10: Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

Discus and support Txt. Document filling C:\ drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just wanted to let people know of a bug I found and my solution to it. In my windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErikBlomdahl, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

Just wanted to let people know of a bug I found and my solution to it.

In my windows 10 user\appdata\local\packages\microsoftxboxgamingoverlay\tempstate folder, i found a txt. Document of 57 gigabyte

This was filling my C:\ drive and took me a good long while to find. I deleted the file in anger, I can't imagine it will screw anything up but if you're having the same problem, delete it at your own risk

Sorry for grammatical errors, English is not my language

:)

ErikBlomdahl, Dec 8, 2019

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Dec 8, 2019
  3. c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Dec 8, 2019
  4. busreilly Win User

Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

C Drive Keeps Filling Up

Thanks. Extremely interesting article. I followed the steps as outlined, but when I was as the step to Stop the Windows Modules Installer Service, it was already stopped. So I was not quite sure how to proceed, so I abandoned the process. Since I had
    already manually deleted most of the cab files, I now have 190 GB free space. I will closely monitor the free space to see how quickly it fills up, and if it fills up as quickly as the article suggests might happen, I will try again to follow the instructions
    to see if I can get it to work. With the service already stopped, and set to Manual, if I get to that point again, do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks again for this very insightful article -- it sure explains a lot.

busreilly, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Txt. Document filling C:\ drive

1. Txt. Document filling C:\ drive - Similar Threads - Txt Document filling

2. document auto fill document in windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    document auto fill document in windows 10 mail app: Is there a way to set up auto fill documents on the windows 10 mail app, just like in outlook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/document-auto-fill-document-in-windows-10-mail-app/efc32c94-36e1-43bd-bdea-c1899abec6d3
  3. c drive automatically filling up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive automatically filling up: my c drive automatically filling up after opening pc. even without internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-automatically-filling-up/bfa9c6a1-31f7-42fc-928b-bdf8d87ccb26"
  4. How to stop C-Drive from filling up so fast?

How to stop C-Drive from filling up so fast?: I have 1 TB of storage on my HD D-drive, and only 130 GB on my C-drive. I've changed all the settings I could to have all downloads go to my D-drive to prevent the C-drive from filling up, but it keeps filling up. I bought this computer in hopes that I could use the terabyte...
  5. Whats filling my C drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats filling my C drive?: My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings. I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows. Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB 56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C. This leaves a difference of 124GB unaccounted for. My BU and System Image are in in a...
  6. Replicating files filling C:/ Drives

Replicating files filling C:/ Drives: Good Morning, I'm expierencing an issue on Windows Server 2016 Datacenter where files for OneDrive install/Update are replicating indefinitely at "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive". They get replicated after every reboot. I...
  7. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated Moved from: Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows...
  8. text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    text documents (*.txt) on notepad and it wont open: my computer has been hacked and all of sudden they sent this text documents and it say push enter but it doesn't do anything. also does anyone know how to get the hackers off my computer... any help would be appreciated...
  9. c drive automatically getting filled up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    c drive automatically getting filled up: Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then...
  10. c drive automatically getting filled up

in Windows 10 Support
    c drive automatically getting filled up: Dear All, I had upgraded to win 10 about two months ago. for the last two days my c drive is getting filled up automatically. It is in excess of 90 gb and yet yesterday It was full. I tried to use the help from online and checked on dosv files etc but to no avail. I then...