Windows 10: Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

Discus and support Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 2 .txt files that have simple serial numbers inside, when i went to open today, they are listed now as .MP3, when i attempt to open with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by conrad9900, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

I have 2 .txt files that have simple serial numbers inside, when i went to open today, they are listed now as .MP3, when i attempt to open with notepad, the contents is jumbled and not readable. the files were never changed manually as the data inside was not needed for several weeks

:)

conrad9900, Sep 24, 2019

2. Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

I have 2 .txt files that have simple serial numbers inside, when i went to open today, they are listed now as .MP3, when i attempt to open with notepad, the contents is jumbled and not readable. the files were never changed manually as the data inside was not needed for several weeks

conrad9900, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

Hmmmmmm.........

I just did a test.

I have a text file with a .txt extension.

I changed that to an .mp3 extension.

I attempted to open that ".mp3" file in Notepad. It opened and displayed just as if it had the original .txt extension.

Have you checked the properties of the file--for dates created and modified?

Does anyone else have access to your PC?

What happens if you attempt to open those 2 files in a media player, as if they were real mp3s?

ignatzatsonic, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

I changed the name to serialnum.txt but it still shows as .MP3
    See attached: Firefox Send

conrad9900, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows

1. Txt Files changing to .MP3 in windows - Similar Threads - Txt Files changing

2. Corrupted .TXT Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted .TXT Files?: I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive...
  3. Manipulating MP3 files

Manipulating MP3 files: It seems like ever since my laptop got converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I am no longer able to manipulate my music files, e.g. dragging a track onto my desktop in order to email them, etc. Any ideas?...
  4. Windows 10 not searching inside txt files

in Cortana
    Windows 10 not searching inside txt files: Hi, Windows 10 is not searching inside txt files anymore. How can I resolve this? [Note: I had a similar issue with Windows 10 not searching inside pdf files and was able to resolve that thanks to this article:...
  5. txt file working

txt file working: working a txt file and saved. When working next txt file show history that enable quick opening a file saved previously I m using Windows 10, after last update i do not see this feature showing last saved files in .txt kindly help how can i bring back this feature...
  6. change a file from CD to MP3

in Windows 10 Customization
    change a file from CD to MP3: How do I "rip" a track from my CD and change it into an MP3 file so I can submit it to a music festival? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-file-from-cd-to-mp3/8ffbf624-0545-46f7-9d2b-3268246a908d
  7. how to convert the txt file into xml file

how to convert the txt file into xml file: I have used the application for conversion txt into xml file but when I convert it is showing an error that is something called as no program to convert it what should I do for conversion .But I know that it is silly question but it is part of my seeking the knowledge...
  8. File Explorer and MP3's

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and MP3's: How do you get the artist visible on a single MP3? In other words, if I have a number of mp3's in a folder and I want the artist to be visible, the ribbon gives me the ability too show "Album artist", View>Add columns>Album artist, the MP3's in the folder are single, non...
  9. New MP3 file fault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New MP3 file fault: Hello guys, fancy a go at this one? I have had to reinstall Win10 to cure a problem with importing pics and videos from an SD card, so it is all a squeaky clean installation. Now it won't play MP3 files, where it did before. Not only will it not play MP3 files either...
  10. Can't save txt files to Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't save txt files to Desktop: It started not long ago and is a problem I've never seen before. When I try to save a txt file, using Notepad or EditPad Lite, Windows shows a message that reads (freely translated from Brazilian Portuguese — I don't know how exactly it goes in English): Save as...