Windows 10: Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot

Discus and support Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm transferring all my software and files from a WIndows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC. All fonts are loaded except the type 1, PFM fonts. They load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DottieM54, Feb 22, 2019.

1. DottieM54 Win User

Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot

I'm transferring all my software and files from a WIndows 10 PC to a new Windows 10 PC. All fonts are loaded except the type 1, PFM fonts. They load fine and are available after they're loaded but once I Restart the fonts are gone. It's only the type 1 fonts.

When I reload them again, I get a message that the "xxx font is already installed. Do you want to replace it?"

How do I resolve this?

:)

DottieM54, Feb 22, 2019

2. FONTS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the instruction provided below and check.

Step 1:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Right click and click on install.
    • Check if you are able to view the fonts in documents.
    Or

Step 2:

• Download the font type you want to install.
    • Open Control Panel.
    • Click on fonts.
    • Now, drag and drop the downloaded fonts in the font’s folder.

Hope this information helps. If you have any queries, let us know. Will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 22, 2019
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot

Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot

1. Type 1 fonts disappear after reboot - Similar Threads - Type fonts disappear

2. Slot type SATA ODD disappears after a while and only rebooting fixes it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slot type SATA ODD disappears after a while and only rebooting fixes it.: I have Windows 11 fully qualified system with MSI x299 motherboard and a case that only a slot type DVD fits into. There are no eject buttons on slot type which can make it difficult to remove DVD.The system is set to never sleep. Unaccountably, the ODD disappears after a...
  3. Slot type SATA ODD disappears after a while and only rebooting fixes it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slot type SATA ODD disappears after a while and only rebooting fixes it.: I have Windows 11 fully qualified system with MSI x299 motherboard and a case that only a slot type DVD fits into. There are no eject buttons on slot type which can make it difficult to remove DVD.The system is set to never sleep. Unaccountably, the ODD disappears after a...
  4. Office products disappeared after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office products disappeared after reboot.: Win10, Office 365 family.Working with Excel. Thunderstorm. Shutdown PC.Restarted PC, the icons for Excel and Word are in my startup menu.....I click, they disappear.Can't find Excel or Word or any office product. I click on the Office icon and it launches Office. I click on...
  5. Office products disappeared after reboot.

Office products disappeared after reboot.: Win10, Office 365 family.Working with Excel. Thunderstorm. Shutdown PC.Restarted PC, the icons for Excel and Word are in my startup menu.....I click, they disappear.Can't find Excel or Word or any office product. I click on the Office icon and it launches Office. I click on...
  6. Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?: Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-going-to-end-support-for-adobe-type-1/dea03afc-2e98-46d8-8390-2875900d6491
  7. Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?

Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts?: Is Windows going to end support for Adobe Type 1 fonts, aka Postscript fonts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-windows-going-to-end-support-for-adobe-type-1/dea03afc-2e98-46d8-8390-2875900d6491
  8. type font

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    type font: does anyone know how to increase the font size on the Microsoft document app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-font/a2ce21df-e1ed-4332-86f7-046e7cd08c00
  9. Type 1 fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type 1 fonts: Type 1 Fonts will not install in Windows 10. Tried over and over. Install, wont stay installed as soon as I use a program. Microsoft's tech solution was to turn off Defender and reinstall, didn't make sense, didn't work either....
  10. Fonts Blurry After Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts Blurry After Reboot: Once out of every third time my computer reboots, the fonts are all blurry. Is a service not running or something? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/fonts-blurry-after-reboot/d9babdb1-1023-4cde-a66a-f14262abd388

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fonts missing after reboot

2. fonts disappear after restart