Windows 10: type a symbol or character representing more or less

Discus and support type a symbol or character representing more or less in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can we type a symbol or character representing more or less, ie. plus minus char. in one place, easily ? 116862 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by budi, Aug 29, 2018.

1. budi Win User

type a symbol or character representing more or less

How can we type a symbol or character representing more or less, ie. plus minus char. in one place, easily ?

:)

2. resetting keyboard symbols

Hi Carol,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to remove English UK and just have the default English US under keyboard input language and check.

Step 1:To keep English US as the default input language and to remove other installed services

a. Type Settings in the search bar and click on the setting symbol on the top right.

b. Click on Time and Languages.

c. Click on Region and Languages.

d. Under the languages tab.

e. Click and Change the language to English US.

Step 2:Use on screen keyboard to type the characters (@, “)

To use on-screen keyboard, follow the steps below.

a. Click on Start; type “On-screen” without quotes and hit Enter.

b. Now check if you’re able to get right characters.

Let us know if it helps or post back for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Aug 29, 2018
  3. Ray.TJ Win User
    INSERT SYMBOLS

A couple of days ago I asked how to get capital letters with accents (circumflex). I got a very prompt answer suggesting a couple of methods including changing the character code on the symbols submenu. This worked very well but I didn't note the original
    character code which produces most of my commonly used symbols.

What is this code please and is there a list of alternate character codes together with what symbols they produce?

Many thanks

RayTJ

Ray.TJ, Aug 29, 2018
  4. tracy2016 Win User

Where can I get the candidate characters while typing in traditional characters?

I am trying to type in Traditional Chinese, but the candidate list does not show at all!

It is impossible to type two keys as you suggested. Is there any way I could type in traditional characters as I do in simplified characters?

Can you help me solve this problem? Many thanks.

tracy2016, Aug 29, 2018
Thema:

1. type a symbol or character representing more or less - Similar Threads - type symbol character

2. Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard not typing the right characters almost at all. And instead symbols and numbers: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Beneficial_Count5063 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10j4msp/keyboard_not_typing_the_right_characters_almost/
  3. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols

in Windows 10 Gaming
    altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols: Hi,Further to this closed thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-codes-not-working-on-certain-apps-under/39b7028e-9078-4bba-9bcb-dd09caa7d721altcodes still generating wrong characters/symbols. Final posting on thread states "This bug has been fixed...
  6. altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols

altcodes generate incorrect characters/symbols: Hi,Further to this closed thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/alt-codes-not-working-on-certain-apps-under/39b7028e-9078-4bba-9bcb-dd09caa7d721altcodes still generating wrong characters/symbols. Final posting on thread states "This bug has been fixed...
  7. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  8. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  9. Typing characters issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing characters issue: Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended? It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h Rigpt now I'm using Cprome. I go to MS Edge and it is fine. I go to MS Excel, Word, it is normal. I pave to close everytping and...
  10. Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters

Windows Chat programe Can not type more than a few characters: I am trying to fix a problem with my surface pro but after about 10 characters the type disappears and will not continue I have to type in Notepad and copy and paste have tried a reset and blue tooth also turning off IPV 6 to no avail ***Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Wi-Fi...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. more or less character on keyboard

2. how to type the more or less symbol

3. more or less character