Windows 10: Type-C Hub not working

Discus and support Type-C Hub not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Type-C USB hub that works properly on my desktop computer; however, when connected to my laptop, it does not show up at all. There is not an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DiegoPedrazaBlanco, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Type-C Hub not working

I have a Type-C USB hub that works properly on my desktop computer; however, when connected to my laptop, it does not show up at all. There is not an error notification or anything.

:)

DiegoPedrazaBlanco, Sep 10, 2018

2. On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Type-C is faster than Type-A/B because it has a third high-speed datalink. Thing is, there really isn't much in the way of good Type-C hubs.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 10, 2018
  3. lZKoce Win User
    On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Sup all ? I hope I find you well and kicking. *Smile Type-C Hub not working :)

I am on the hunt for a usb HUB, as I did a mediocre choice with my MB. On the back I/O, there is 2xUSB2.0 and 2xUSB 3.0 and 1xUSB Type C. I have exhausted everything apart from Type C. Internal headers are also full. OK I have on usb 3.0 header, but I need an adapter or splitter for it.

Anyhow, ideally I want it to charge devices. I still don't own a type C device. USB 3.0 is fine, may be one type C. Something that lasts, won't break in 3 months or so. Can include a card reader or vice versa. Shops I have access apart from local, anything in UK or ebay/banggood/aliexpress, Denmark is also fine. Anyone has experience with USB hubs? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of ?

lZKoce, Sep 10, 2018
  4. lZKoce Win User

Type-C Hub not working

On the hunt for USB HUB ( To type C or not to type C? )

Could be. I saw this one : Sharkoon - 4-Port USB 3.0 Aluminium Hub Type C , cable seems short, but may be I can live with it. Or may be something like this : USB 3.0 7-Port Hub - TP-Link .OK we will see *Smile Type-C Hub not working :)

lZKoce, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Type-C Hub not working

1. Type-C Hub not working - Similar Threads - Type Hub working

2. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  3. USB-C HUB Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  4. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  5. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  6. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  7. Type C hub problem, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type C hub problem, Windows 11: When I connect the Type C adapter to the Thunderbolt port, it reports the following error. How can I fix this error? I have Windows 11 installed. The laptop model is Dell Inspiron 16 Plus....
  8. Type C hub problem, Windows 11

Type C hub problem, Windows 11: When I connect the Type C adapter to the Thunderbolt port, it reports the following error. How can I fix this error? I have Windows 11 installed. The laptop model is Dell Inspiron 16 Plus....
  9. USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Type-C Hub does not work with extension cable: I purchased the Satechi USB Type-C hub for my PC. My motherboard has a Type-C connector on the rear I/O. The hub works fine if I connect it directly to the port but the cable is only 12" so I purchased a USB 3.1 Type -C male to female extension cable. But Windows gives me a...
  10. USB type c hub not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB type c hub not working properly: Hello all, I recently purchased a type C hub with 3 type a ports. My aim was to plug my wireless mouse and keyboard into the hub to free up some usb ports on my laptop. The laptop is an Asus ROG GL502. However, I found that if I plugged in my mouse and keyboard, they...