Windows 10: Type cover not working properly

Discus and support Type cover not working properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, The type cover for surface pro 4 doesn't work. However it works in UEFI mode. Every time when I touch the keyboard the screen goes in blue and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by YujingLiu, Jun 4, 2019.

1. YujingLiu Win User

Type cover not working properly

hello,

The type cover for surface pro 4 doesn't work. However it works in UEFI mode. Every time when I touch the keyboard the screen goes in blue and says hardware check failure something like that.

Thank you

:)

YujingLiu, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Tommy Win User

Type Cover 2 not working with WIndows 10 (Release)

I have a Surface Pro 2 with the Type Cover accessory. After updating to Windows 10 yesterday, my type cover keys no longer work (though the mouse touch pad part seems just dandy). I found this help article from Microsoft and I have followed as much of these steps as makes sense based on the situation descriptions, but still have no luck.

Has anyone experienced this issue yet and has there been any type of firmware updates / touch pad updates / settings that need to be changed from default to make this work?

Tommy, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover not working after Anniversary Update

Holy hell this worked for me! Can't say how may different "fixes" I tried for this and was just short of sending my Surface Pro 4 off for repair but this worked. No Surface Type Covers (With or without fingerprint scanner) worked but now all Touch Covers are working again.

I wasn't quite ready to give up the Pro 4, so now I get to keep it a little while longer.

Thank you!

almighty1977, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Type cover not working properly

Arc Bluetooth mouse not working properly with Surface 3

Experienced same issue, disconnecting Arc Mouse then reconnect worked fine, but not mouse interaction.

Below steps worked for me:

• Remove all Bluetooth connected devices, including Surface Type Cover and Surface Pen.
    • Disconnected the Surface Type Cover then reconnect. It will reinstall tand connect the device.
    • Then Add Bluetooth devices including Surface Pen and last but not least Arc Bluetooth Mouse.

Everything works fine again.

Wim van Wieren, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Type cover not working properly

1. Type cover not working properly - Similar Threads - Type cover working

2. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...
  3. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...
  4. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  5. Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro 8 - Type Cover: Is the Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 compatible with the Type Cover I have for my Surface Pro 4? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-8-type-cover/bf683ef6-108f-40bb-b7f6-cdb5901a8500
  6. My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working

My surface pro 6 type cover keyboard is not working: The problem started around mid 2019 but it would come and go. When it started, all I had to do was detached the keyboard and reattach it and start back working. Then the problem became more progressive and started to happen more often so I will try to restart the device and...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover stopped working.: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 10/8/2019 12:47:52 PM Event ID: 442 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-UO0VK4E...
  8. Surface Go type cover and handwriting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Go type cover and handwriting: Hi It seems it is impossible to use the handwriting option on screen using the surface pen (Chinese Traditional, in my case) when i have my type cover keyboard attached. when i try the set up handwriting in "setup" - it simply say "there is no handwriting option for this...
  9. Surface Type Cover stopped

Surface Type Cover stopped: After installing the latest updates, my stopped working I have taken it off and put it back on I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled Then I tried to uninstall the windows updates but they won't stay uninstalled. Any ideas?...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Type Cover

Surface Pro 4 Type Cover: Recently, I have been trying to use my Surface Pro 4 with the keyboard cover, but the keyboard cover has been unresponsive. I have tried everything on your troubleshoot page for the keyboard cover from the two-button shut down to cleaning it to updating and resetting my...