Windows 10: TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding

Discus and support TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding in Cortana to solve the problem; the white search bar area at the left bottom of the screen is no longer working when I type in a subject or website I want to use Edge to search for.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FrancesBurday, Aug 4, 2019.

1. TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding

the white search bar area at the left bottom of the screen is no longer working when I type in a subject or website I want to use Edge to search for.

:)

FrancesBurday, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Jeh cag Win User

Can't use microphone on Cortana

Hi,

Let's get this resolve. Follow the steps below for you to use microphone on Cortana:

• Tap or click the search area in the taskbar
    • Tap or click the notebook button
    • Select Settings
    • Toggle On the option, Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana"

TYPE  here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding dc0073c4-1ddb-43e8-9356-a9a6ed368375.jpg

Let us know how it goes. For us to further assist you.

Regards.

Jeh cag, Aug 4, 2019
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Aug 4, 2019
  4. TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding

Cortana Does Not Respond to "Hey, Cortana"

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us with the below information;

• Did you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• Does the Cortana search tool work properly?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps resolve the issue;

• Right click on the
      speaker icon in the lower right hand corner of your desktop.
    • Select "Recording Devices".
    • Select your main input microphone.
    • Speak into the microphone.
    • Note the sound level meter. You want the level meter to peak every so often at the top of the bar but still show good bounce during your spoken text.
    • Ensure the microphone input is still selected and
      click properties
    • Click the Levels tab.
    • If you have a microphone boost set it in the middle.
    • Now adjust the microphone gain by moving the slider.

10. Click “Apply” and verify that the level meter is responding as described in step 5.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting methods and check if it helps;

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Get back to us for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding

1. TYPE here to search area with Cortana and Microphone is not responding - Similar Threads - TYPE here search

2. Type Here To Search

in Cortana
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  3. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  4. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  6. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  7. Cortana and Search not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not responding: Hi, After a new update KB4497165 on my windows 10 version 1909, the Cortana and Search on the toolbar are not responding when I click them. I have tried to uninstall the latest update, reset the search box and running troubleshoot. But nothing works. I am not sure if this...
  8. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  9. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"
  10. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...