Windows 10: "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

Discus and support "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana) in Cortana to solve the problem; OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Aypineb, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Aypineb Win User

"Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me the results without crashing.

Heres what I tried

Reinstalling Cortana with PowerShell

Troubleshooter

Putting Windows Search service to automatic

Rebuilding the indexing

Restarting the Computer

End Cortana's Task

by the way, if theres a way to disable cortana we could also try that to see if the search bar would work just fine

:)

Aypineb, Jan 1, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Gil deG Win User
    I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

Hi Oscar,

One of the possible reasons why Cortana crashes after you typed in one letter is that your system got corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

article

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

"Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana) [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

1. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana) - Similar Threads - Type here search

2. Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar: I just powered on my laptop and just noticed that on the right side of the “type here to search” bar there are some musical instruments and sometimes it appears a hill with a sun behind of it ?. If I click on the screen goes a bit darker and it seems something is loading...
  3. Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar: I just powered on my laptop and just noticed that on the right side of the “type here to search” bar there are some musical instruments and sometimes it appears a hill with a sun behind of it ?. If I click on the screen goes a bit darker and it seems something is loading...
  4. Musical instruments in the “type here to search” bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. CORTANA BAR SHOWING "TYPE HERE TO SEARCH" BUT NOT "ASK ME ANYTHING".

in Cortana
    CORTANA BAR SHOWING "TYPE HERE TO SEARCH" BUT NOT "ASK ME ANYTHING".: HELLO, I just bought a new laptop with win 10 and came to know about cortana. While i was watching its tutorials on youtube, I saw that in the search bar, they have got "ASK ME ANYTHING" written there.... but in mine one, there is "TYPE HERE TO SEARCH" wriiten and when i...
  6. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...
  7. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  8. typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars

in Cortana
    typing in the cortana search bar among other search bars: why cant i type in the cortana search bar among others, im not aware of any changes i have made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-in-the-cortana-search-bar-among-other/201dc3c2-ebe4-4271-8e8e-ccfbb42ad194"
  9. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...
  10. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Type here to search

2. type here to search blanks out

3. type here to search cortana

4. when i type in cortana cortana goes blank