Windows 10: "Type here to search" option in windows 10

Discus and support "Type here to search" option in windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; When I click the subject option on the left-hand side bottom it displays the previously seen/read items which I do not like to appear. Please let me... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BalakrishnanVenkatraman, Sep 28, 2019.

1. "Type here to search" option in windows 10

When I click the subject option on the left-hand side bottom it displays the previously seen/read items which I do not like to appear.

Please let me know how to disable this auto appearing of previously seen/read items so that whenever I go to the subject option to search anything space should be blank.

Please guide me with your step by step procedure to get rid of this.

Thanks,

Balakrishnan.

:)

BalakrishnanVenkatraman, Sep 28, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 28, 2019
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 28, 2019
  4. jbailey8 Win User

"Type here to search" option in windows 10

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

"Type here to search" option in windows 10

1. "Type here to search" option in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Type here search

2. Type Here To Search

in Cortana
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  3. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  4. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Type here to search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Type here to search: It seems after a recent update, not sure which, the "Type here to search" space is white with a dark gray line through it. I use the dark theme so it is usually all dark gray. It will go back to all gray when I click or drag the pointer over the area. I would upload a pic of...
  6. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  7. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  8. Windows Search Type here to search

in Cortana
    Windows Search Type here to search: Windows Search Type here to search not working I have re-indexed search I can't get the mouse bar to stay in the search space. Mouse works everywhere but not in the search box. It seems that it is greyed-out. Help...
  9. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  10. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Type here to search

2. cach an type here to search win 10

3. update windows 10 type here to search