Windows 10: "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden

Discus and support "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden in Cortana to solve the problem; I have tried to hide "type here to search" icon from taskbar by performing right click and search and hidden... However, the icon reappears again after... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ShaileshPanday, Feb 23, 2022.

1. "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden

I have tried to hide "type here to search" icon from taskbar by performing right click and search and hidden... However, the icon reappears again after a while... i have done this around 5-6 times.. is this a bug?Note: i am using the taskbar to the right of my screen the same setting was working on my previous laptop...

:)

ShaileshPanday, Feb 23, 2022
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Feb 23, 2022
  3. Forceflow Win User
    Searching hidden files/folders

This is what I do:
    • In explorer, browse to C:/Username
    • Start a search there containing a folder name I know is in C:/Username/Appdata/Local
    • The folder does not appear in search

Hidden files and folders are marked to be visible everywhere.
    It seems like recursive search doesn't descend into hidden files/folders, because when I browse to Appdata and search there, I find it.

Any way to change this behaviorr?

Forceflow, Feb 23, 2022
  4. "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden

Setting for Cortana, Device Search History, and Search Online & Include Web Results

Hello Simmons,

A quick question before proceed:

Are you referring to hide search bar option?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Right click on the search bar.

• Select search option.

• Now click on the hidden option.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 23, 2022
Thema:

"type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden

1. "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden - Similar Threads - type here search

2. Type Here To Search

in Cortana
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  3. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  4. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden: I have tried to hide "type here to search" icon from taskbar by performing right click and search and hidden... However, the icon reappears again after a while... i have done this around 5-6 times.. is this a bug?Note: i am using the taskbar to the right of my screen the same...
  6. "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "type here to search" reappears again even when its hidden: I have tried to hide "type here to search" icon from taskbar by performing right click and search and hidden... However, the icon reappears again after a while... i have done this around 5-6 times.. is this a bug?Note: i am using the taskbar to the right of my screen the same...
  7. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  8. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  9. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  10. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"