Windows 10: "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games

Discus and support "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Really it's as simple as that, the search bar just REFUSES to show steam games, the odd thing is, it's only recently installed games, i.e. I've had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HABITcrabit, Jan 13, 2021.

1. "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games

Really it's as simple as that, the search bar just REFUSES to show steam games, the odd thing is, it's only recently installed games, i.e. I've had Pavlov installed for over a year and it shows up fine, but I recently reinstalled Enter the Gungeon and it just doesn't show up. Even entering in the .exe names, the search bar just shows web results.

submitted by /u/HABITcrabit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HABITcrabit, Jan 13, 2021

2. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jan 13, 2021
  3. THX1138 Win User
    Steam games recent list does not update

The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works just fine for other programs on the Start Menu. I tried searching for information but the word "update" in the search string returns results about Steam and Windows updates and not about the recent list updating.

"Type here to search" refuses to show steam games [​IMG]

THX1138, Jan 13, 2021
  4. "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games

Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

"Type here to search" refuses to show steam games

1. "Type here to search" refuses to show steam games - Similar Threads - Type here search

2. Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Type Here To Search: I've noticed that when I try to use the type here to search it is no longer working. Every time I type in anything it just closes on me and doesn't work. I've restarted my PC several times and it still doesn't work. Anyone know the fix for this? Thanks...
  3. Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search

in Cortana
    Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search: The icons for the apps that are in the "Type here to search" section have completely disappeared and I don't know how to get them back. I would like some help for this because it isn't showing any icons just like what the picture shows. Definitely appreciate some help....
  4. Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search: The icons for the apps that are in the "Type here to search" section have completely disappeared and I don't know how to get them back. I would like some help for this because it isn't showing any icons just like what the picture shows. Definitely appreciate some help....
  5. Icons Not Showing In Type Here To Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam's game file -Folders refuse to show up in Windows search.: The path that I'm trying to find is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common". Inside the "common" folder are the individual game folders. For example a path to a game's executable would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Amnesia The Dark...
  7. type here to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    type here to search: this is happening with me please help type here to search box is becoming black and not responding [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/977fa735-afae-49ac-8eed-f756aa896431
  8. Type Search Here

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type Search Here: My type search here feature in Windows 10 no longer works. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-search-here/3b340d25-a504-417c-8aac-6f9bcec2b5e7
  9. Type here to search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search: Is there any way of making the box "type here to search" any smaller. I would just like to see the magnifying glass icon only. Win 10 Home. 145270
  10. "Type here to search"

in Cortana
    "Type here to search": I cannot access this tab. It isn't working. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/type-here-to-search/19a9d6fe-7e9b-4e45-a87b-b5b6934d11b9"