Windows 10: Type hre to search Bar

Discus and support Type hre to search Bar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Howardc, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Howardc Win User

Type hre to search Bar

Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature

See screen Print attached

It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue

:)

Howardc, Jun 26, 2019
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jun 26, 2019
  4. fussybob Win User

Type hre to search Bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Type hre to search Bar

1. Type hre to search Bar - Similar Threads - Type hre search

2. Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

in Cortana
    Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working: I can type a query into the search bar, and it gives me options to click on. Regardless of what I click on a large search window appears briefly then closes. Ideas?...
  3. Type here to search Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Type here to search Bar: Since the latest Windows update the search bar has changed. I would like to know how to change this as I do not like the new feature See screen Print attached It would be appreciated if someone could kindly assist me in resolving this issue 135487
  4. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  5. Can't type in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type in Windows 10 search bar: After I updated to Windows 10 the search box on the taskbar was working. A few days later I discovered that I couldn't search anything from this box. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-type-in-windows-10-search-bar/04eb6c32-fadf-40ca-8e1a-3742010e70a3"
  6. Randomly unable to type in search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly unable to type in search bar: I have read many posts on how to fix this problem, but it always happens again. Why has MS not fixed this and is there any way to resolve this annoying problem? I use remote desktop often and it also affects being able to log in using RDP. Any help would be greatly...
  7. Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Search bar not allowing me to type: Hi there, Since yesterday (15/01/2019) the search box on the taskbar will not accept any typing input. Normal behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", and type. New, incorrect behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to...
  8. "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana)

in Cortana
    "Type here to search" bar always crash (Cortana): OKay, so here the problem, when I click on the "Type here to search" bar in the bottom left it does the loading mouse for 1 or 2 seconds and it then closes suddenly. I know it is Cortana because when I click the button start and write anything in the Search Bar it shows me...
  9. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...
  10. Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Type in Search the Web and Windows Bar: I've just upgraded my laptop to Win10 (did my desktop several months ago). The laptop is unable to take input to the Search the web and Windows task bar. I've searched the web, but all I've found was references to killing and restarting Search from the task manager, but there...