Windows 10: Type Search not working

Discus and support Type Search not working in Cortana to solve the problem; please help, every time using type search in start menu - does not work and cannot able to type any letters... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RichardsManor, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Type Search not working

please help, every time using type search in start menu - does not work and cannot able to type any letters

:)

RichardsManor, Jul 11, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Type Search not working

keyboard does not work in search, can't type in windows search box.

If you already used your keyboard on different devices and the same issue happened, then basically, the main issue here is the keyboard itself. There's a possibility that the keyboard is defective or it has a bad driver.

We suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: File Signature Verification Tool.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.l
    • Type sigverif.exe and press enter.
    • Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 2: Scan for hardware changes.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand computer and highlight the extension.
    • There will be an icon to scan for hardware changes right below
      help.

Step 3: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 4: Update keyboard driver.

• Click the Start button and enter Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click on Check for Updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, select the drivers you want to install.

Once done, check if the same issue persists and try using different keyboard on the same PC you used. If everything works fine using a different keyboard, it means that the first keyboard is defective.

If you need further help, please send us more information so we can assist you better.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Type Search not working

1. Type Search not working - Similar Threads - Type Search working

2. Web Search does not work when typing into Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Search does not work when typing into Windows Search: This issue has been troubling me for a long time. Whenever I try to look for something on the web in the Windows search bar, I always get an "Open In Browser" option. No search results whatsoever.https://ibb.co/fM6Jq5t https://ibb.co/5YRSSJ9Had to upload images to ibb because...
  3. Web Search does not work when typing into Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Search does not work when typing into Windows Search: This issue has been troubling me for a long time. Whenever I try to look for something on the web in the Windows search bar, I always get an "Open In Browser" option. No search results whatsoever.https://ibb.co/fM6Jq5t https://ibb.co/5YRSSJ9Had to upload images to ibb because...
  4. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my "type here to search" is not working!: my "type here to search" is not working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-type-here-to-search-is-not-working/9e5f36f7-247a-4f01-a490-065f869fecc9
  5. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my "type here to search" is not working!: my "type here to search" is not working! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-type-here-to-search-is-not-working/9e5f36f7-247a-4f01-a490-065f869fecc9
  6. my "type here to search" is not working!

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Task Bar buttons not working/ type search not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar buttons not working/ type search not working: Hi there,When I have no apps running and I am just on my desktop, my taskbar calendar, WiFi, and sound drop-downs will not work. When an app is running, those dropdowns work fine. The same goes for type-to-search in the start menu.For example, Chrome is open now and I can use...
  8. type to search not working can not type in type to search

in Cortana
    type to search not working can not type in type to search: It randomly happened that i couldn't type in type to search bar and i tried doing sfc /scannow and it said some fiels are corruptedand said it repaired them but it didn't....
  9. Type here to search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Type here to search doesn't work: For the last 3 or 4 days, I have been unable to use the "Type here to search" facility on my HP computer. It comes back with "No results found for" whatever I was requesting. Now I can't get any information and I use this feature daily. Any answers on how to fix this. I...
  10. HELP - type search in start / search from taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP - type search in start / search from taskbar not working: Typing in my start menu and search box from the taskbar doesn't work. Search within explorer works fine, I have tried reindexing but to no avail. Symptom: Press start key (or click menu) type gimp only g appears in the search box, pause for a second no search results and...