Windows 10: Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems

Discus and support Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was playing a game, and went to turn on my overlay by typing “ctrl alt I”. I’ve done it countless number of times, but this time, my game instantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ralliart90, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems

I was playing a game, and went to turn on my overlay by typing “ctrl alt I”. I’ve done it countless number of times, but this time, my game instantly closed, and things got weird. Rain meter closed, and when I go to re-open it, it closes almost immediately. The same with the Windows stock sticky note app. Oh, it also randomly deleted my NZXT CAM, and when I go to re-install, it stops and randomly closes. Magnifier turns on when in “ctrl alt delete” screen, and in Windows settings, then you open another window, that window closes, then you can’t click the main setting window and it gives you that error sound.

So I’m typing this as my PC is resetting out of frustration.

Anyone know what I did?

submitted by /u/Ralliart90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ralliart90, Feb 16, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems

lots of problems with Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update all the latest drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the drivers and select
      “Update”.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems

1. Typed One Thing, Lots Of Problems - Similar Threads - Typed Thing Lots

2. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  3. A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A lot of bluescreens, tried a lot of things, need further help: I have a ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IV laptop, which blue screens a lot. The messages vary a lot, but the most common one is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have tried a lot of things, but it still blue screens and freeze every once in a while. I have tried updating all drivers,...
  4. Facing lots of problems at one time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing lots of problems at one time.: From the last three days, I'm facing many problems in my computer suddenly. My start menu is showing that Your Start menu isn't working. We'll try to fix it the next time you sign in. Then when I right click in any of the pinned taskbar icons, i found no result of it. At the...
  5. A lot of problems

A lot of problems: For a few days when I open the volume mixer and I want to change the volume, it tells me that the program does not respond when I open Google chrome and Mozilla and I try to play a video on youtube it tells me that the program does not respond every time I enter Google meet...
  6. i broke a lot of things

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i broke a lot of things: i moved my %appdata% folder, and now a lot of the windows 10 features won't work. reason for moving it: I was constantly running out of space on my windows partition and I don't have money to spend on a new hard drive with more space right now, but I did move it properly. I...
  7. One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One key on my laptop is typing the wrong thing.: Every other key is fine. It is only the 8 that is messed up. It is typing a 0. If I hold function and press the 8 key it types a forward slash . I have tried changing the language settings and a few other things. Nothing is will change it back. Dell inspiron Windows 10...
  8. Lots of things are crashing on startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of things are crashing on startup.: My pc specs are on my profile. But yeah, I clicked start menu, then settings. A window pops up and then immediately closes. Same thing with a couple other apps. They are there, but they just don't... work. However, things like the Xbox app and Steam appear to be...
  9. Lots of BSODS doing lots of things

Lots of BSODS doing lots of things: EDIT* getting more BSODs of at random times doing random things with random messages. 'system services error' 'memory management error' and so forth EDIT** sfc.exe /scannow says i have corrupt files but it cannot fix them? argh *Original Story* seems to only happen...
  10. Lots of problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Lots of problems: I have recently done a clean install of Windows 10 and everything seemed to be fine. However, today I am getting lots of problems. I keep getting little windows popping up saying that an 'update is recommended' for Media Downloader. I am also getting lots of sites opening up...