Windows 10: Types by self

Discus and support Types by self in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer types automatically - always a q and I have to shut down and restart but this doesnt always work - any ideas re how to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GMHC70, Sep 11, 2020.

1. GMHC70 Win User

Types by self

My computer types automatically - always a q and I have to shut down and restart but this doesnt always work - any ideas re how to fix

:)

GMHC70, Sep 11, 2020
  2. tamo Win User
  3. Windows 10 Store opens for no reason by it's self.

Hi,

To resolve the issue with your Windows Store, we suggest that you reset it by following the steps listed:

• Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
    • Type wsreset.exe, and click OK.

It will show a command prompt window which is blank, but it is clearing the cache. Just wait for the Store to close and open automatically.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Types by self

Windows 10 search window self populating

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• When you say Windows self populate, what does it mean?
    • Do you get any error message/code? If yes, what is the exact message/code?

I suggest you to run the SFC scan and check.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this helps you. Post us back with the required information if the issue persist. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Types by self

1. Types by self - Similar Threads - Types self

2. HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù: Currently my asus ROG g513ie laptop is only typing in accented vowels. I have tried booting up in safe mode recovery and even taking off the keycap but this hasn't worked. I know it is a key being pressed but there isn't one down. I have an external keyboard and the same...
  3. HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP my computer is only typing accented Vowels àèìòù: Currently my asus ROG g513ie laptop is only typing in accented vowels. I have tried booting up in safe mode recovery and even taking off the keycap but this hasn't worked. I know it is a key being pressed but there isn't one down. I have an external keyboard and the same...
  4. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  5. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  6. computer is typing by its self

7. computer us typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer us typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  8. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is typing slashes by its self.: Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish...
  9. My PC is typing slashes by its self.

My PC is typing slashes by its self.: Hello, I have a problem with my PC that the PC it self is typing forward slashes by it self, My PC type is Legion Y540 and I tried every single thing on YouTube and in every search link, I tried searching and trying to fix my computer and still there is no response, I wish...
  10. Desktop icon text / font and text / font on self-typed pdf, docx, png, etc files in folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon text / font and text / font on self-typed pdf, docx, png, etc files in folders.: Hi Microsoft A couple of weeks ago I was moving folders around my desktop. With nothing open other than my Hotmail and the folders opened, I slide a folder to the side. That displayed a section of the desktop and suddenly the text / font of all of the icons on my 40” TV...