Windows 10: Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

Discus and support Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I set up my new Pavilion desktop, I set up my profile account using my Gmail/ Microsoft account as an ADMINISTRATOR. When I try to access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Marsha Whitehurst Block, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

When I set up my new Pavilion desktop, I set up my profile account using my Gmail/ Microsoft account as an ADMINISTRATOR.

When I try to access my Quicken account, I get a message that Quicken does not allow administrators to access accounts! So, I suppose I have to set up another user account where I am not the administrator so I can open my account.

Is that correct? How do I do that?

:)

Marsha Whitehurst Block, Aug 17, 2019

2. administrator can't sign in

I appreciate your response. There is a possibility that your user account is not an administrator and that is the reason why the device is having an issue with receiving a remote control assistance. Since you are also having an issue with accessing the administrator
    account of your wife, I suggest enabling the built-in administrator on your Windows 10. Using the built-in administrator account, you'll be able to make your user account as an administrator.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.

Once you sign into the PC using the built-in administrator, follow these steps to make your user profiles as an administrator:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Choose Accounts and then click on Other people.
    • Click on your user account and then click on Change account type button.
    • Change the account type to Administrator and then click OK.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and
    shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Aug 17, 2019
  3. How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Aug 17, 2019
  4. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

Unable to change my account type to Administrator and cant create a new account.

Hi Aadil,

I suggest you to activate Default Administrator and try creating a new Account with Administrative privileges. Try the below steps and check if you can create a new Account.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin).

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes

Now, sign out from the current account and you will be able to see a new Administrator account. Sign in to the new Administrator Account and you may create
    a new user account
    with administrative privileges. You can also change the current local user account to Administrator Account. Follow the below steps to change the current local user account to Administrator Account.

• Begin by right-clicking the
      Start Icon of Windows, then click Control Panel.

• Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click
      Change Account Type.

• Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.

• Then click on Change Account Type.

• Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.

• Click on Change Account Type.

After creating the new user account or changing the current account to Administrator Account, use the following command at the command prompt (as mentioned above) to disable the default administrator account:

net user administrator /active:no

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 17, 2019
Thema:

Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user??

1. Types of sign in accounts... administrator or regular user?? - Similar Threads - Types sign accounts

2. Regular "User" account, separate "Administrator" account for escalation...whats the right way?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regular "User" account, separate "Administrator" account for escalation...whats the right way?: I have two 2 accounts, one is a standard user account for all daily tasks; the second is for elevating privileges when required installing software, etc. This works 'ok' most of the time, but there are scenarios where doing this causes the software to install instead on the...
  3. Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Daily usage with Administrator or Regular User Account Windows 10: Is it safer using a regular user account than an administrator account for day to day usage? If I add a 2nd user, does that mean that I have to also have a second Microsoft account, or can I have two user accounts, one admin, one regular, logged in with the same Microsoft...
  4. Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off

Administrator account keeps disappearing after regular user logs off: Hi, Win10 v1903 build 18362.295. I have a regular user configured and the default administrator account. Every time the regular user is done and shuts down the computer, the administrator account is missing on startup at the Windows login prompt - the only option is to log...
  5. Unable to sign in to administrators account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to administrators account: i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. User account types

User account types: I upgraded my laptop automatically to Windows 10 a long time ago, but I just finished my new build, and I've been dealing with security settings, admin privileges, local account, Microsoft account, etc trying to get everything working seamlessly, and I'm hoping someone can...
  7. user accounts & signing in.

user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...
  8. User Account not signing in

User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...
  9. Types of Administrator Accounts

Types of Administrator Accounts: Carbonite considers Local Admin. Acct. a "Users" account. It is configured needing me to be the Administrator. Is this the "Hidden" Administrator Account? Just re-set PC to factory settings, skipped registration etc. I named PC is about it and I am Local Account...
  10. User Account / Administrator

User Account / Administrator: well, I have nobody to blame but myself but when installing Windows 10 I allowed the software to create a Microsoft account and it naturally built an account with no administrator privileges. Of course this is totally wortless for me - I'm the only User on this laptop and...