Windows 10: Typical for system restore usage to go up a little every day?

Discus and support Typical for system restore usage to go up a little every day? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've noticed that my system restore usage goes up every day, usually 50mb-100mb a day but sometimes more. This is with no new restore points being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by bumboola, Dec 22, 2016.

1. bumboola Win User

Typical for system restore usage to go up a little every day?

I've noticed that my system restore usage goes up every day, usually 50mb-100mb a day but sometimes more. This is with no new restore points being created.

Is this normal with Windows 10?

:)

bumboola, Dec 22, 2016

2. Windows 10 memory leak

I decided to give System Restore a try and even though it didn't work properly (didn't seem to change anything) my Memory usage is not currently going crazy. I've been using the computer for 2 hours now and I'm still at 3Gb usage when I close everything
    down which seems typical. I've purchased Acronis True Imagine as a backup solution and if any more issues crop up, I'm going for a format and reinstall since this machine is a carry over from windows 8 anyway, so I'm sure there's a lot of clean up I could
    be doing.

Fidelity101, Dec 22, 2016
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    windows is very slow

A little background explanation would be useful. On my system it is 'fast' to start up and respond typically 5-10 seconds, but systems are different and so is their software.

Erdeslawe, Dec 22, 2016
Thema:

Typical for system restore usage to go up a little every day?

1. Typical for system restore usage to go up a little every day? - Similar Threads - Typical system restore

2. System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore - limited to only 1- 2 days ?: I have windows 10 and 500GB hard drive. However unlike with Windows 7, or XP which had numerous automatic restore points stretching back 1- 2 weeks, with Windows 10, there is only 1 or 2 restore points under 'normal' conditions limited to 1 to 2 days. I found the restore...
  3. After System restore high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After System restore high cpu usage: So I recently used the "Reset this pc" option to give my pc a clean start, and to wipe the hard drives, however now whenever I try to use Microsoft edge or play games, the cpu usage is constantly at 99-100%. However I didn't have this issue prior to the reset....
  4. Windows 10 machine creating restore points and rebooting every day

Windows 10 machine creating restore points and rebooting every day: I have a Win10 desktop that is rebooting itself every day. When I look at System Restore I see that it's creating restore points every 24 hours or so. The restore point Descriptions all say "Windows Modules Installer" and the Type all say "Install". This has been happening...
  5. Connection going down every few days then usually resurrects itself.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connection going down every few days then usually resurrects itself.: it is really weird. I am on windows 10 and every now and again my internet goes down for up to several hours and i have tried knocking the computer off and rebooting and also tried resetting the wifi but without any success. When i do a troubleshoot it comes up with both...
  6. System restore takes almost a day now

System restore takes almost a day now: Hello all, I performed a system restore to a point eleven days ago because of a malfunctioning driver. However, the system restore is currently stuck at "System Restore is restoring the registry" and it's been at it for almost 24 hours now. What should I do? Thanks!...
  7. System Restore Fails Every Time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore Fails Every Time: Hi Guys, Here is a weird one. On Win 10 Pro, 1803, Build 17134.48. Every system restore fails on my machine, with the error as in attachment. [img] If I try booting from Windows 10 setup USB boot and select Repair, then go to System Restore, I get this message: To use...
  8. Little pop up help

in Browsers and Email
    Little pop up help: I have a problem with I.e and edge only started since latest Windows update if I open ie or edge then try to go to a site I get a little pop up on page saying do you want to leave this page. Click leave or stay does anyone know how to fix this thanks 30880
  9. Two (little) different BSOD in two days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two (little) different BSOD in two days.: Hi, Two (little) different BSOD in two days. The first yesterday while I was not using the PC (but many apps open), I heard him restart. I checked the memory, no problem. I checked all my drives, no problem, I installed the latest AMD drivers and today I got the second...
  10. System hang after two days of usage

in Windows 10 Support
    System hang after two days of usage: Hello. This past Saturday I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop via the media creator tool/USB boot. It ran smoothly on Saturday and Sunday, but last night, after about three hours of usage, it froze/hanged...I had been away for 10 minutes and came back to find the time...