Windows 10: Typical freezing and unresponsive pc

Discus and support Typical freezing and unresponsive pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I copied items from a hidden folder to get the windows spotlight images. Minutes later my pc freezes. I got the end process prompt but i couldnt even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlfredM10, Jul 25, 2018.

1. AlfredM10 Win User

Typical freezing and unresponsive pc

I copied items from a hidden folder to get the windows spotlight images. Minutes later my pc freezes. I got the end process prompt but i couldnt even click an option. I just waited for it to unfreeze. Then I tried to update and it stops at 100%. Troubleshoot either can’t detect or fix the issue. Windows update troubleshoot stops at starting bits so i just cancelled it.

I wanted to uninstall some programs but it freezes. After unfreezing some texts or words won’t show in some programs like task manager and cmd.

:)

AlfredM10, Jul 25, 2018

2. My laptop randomly freezes and becomes completely unresponsive

Hi Mia,

The next step is to eliminate the errors on your device that's causing it to freeze or become unresponsive. To do this, we suggest that you run
    DISM to restore any corrupted or missing components on your device. For a step-by-step guide, click this

link
    and refer to the article of ZigZag3143, skip the
    SFC
    scan and proceed to DISM.

Let us know if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Jul 25, 2018
  3. contant short freezes on tablet

Hi Nedim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are in a frustrating situation, because programs hangs and freezes on tablet.

I'd certainly help you, to resolve the issue.

Please answer the query, mentioned below, for a better understanding of your issue:

• Do you receive any error code or error message?
    • Have you made any changes to your system, prior to this issue?
    The first step is to identify the category of issue you are facing. We will define four categories of behavior for PCs that become unresponsive, as follows:

1. Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive whenever you do a specific set of steps, and you must restart to recover the PC.

2. Random Hang: Your PC becomes unresponsive seemingly at random, and you must restart to recover the PC.

3. Generic Freeze: Your PC becomes unresponsive for a period of time, and then becomes usable again without taking any action. You don't need to restart your PC for it to be usable again. This behavior seems to affect all apps.

4. Single-app Freeze: Your PC exhibits the same behavior as a Generic Freeze, except that it only occurs when running a specific app, such as when playing a game or browsing websites.

For further assistance and more information, I would suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article and check, if it helps.

Windows hangs or freezes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Note: applies to Windows 10.

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Typical freezing and unresponsive pc

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Typical freezing and unresponsive pc

1. Typical freezing and unresponsive pc - Similar Threads - Typical freezing unresponsive

2. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive PC: I think my PC is corrupt because it has been unresponsive when I try to open multiple pages, what can I do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-pc/0801c540-646d-437a-a155-9e97fc8b53a8
  3. Unresponsive PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive PC: I think my PC is corrupt because it has been unresponsive when I try to open multiple pages, what can I do to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unresponsive-pc/0801c540-646d-437a-a155-9e97fc8b53a8
  4. Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.: Dell XPS 8940Windows 11 ProVersion 22h211th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz64.0 GB RAMTwo Drive 1.84 TB It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I...
  5. Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.: Dell XPS 8940Windows 11 ProVersion 22h211th Gen IntelR CoreTM i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz64.0 GB RAMTwo Drive 1.84 TB It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I...
  6. Computer freezing/unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing/unresponsive: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop.I was running some memory-intensive programs when the screen froze at 3:13pm.The keyboard and touchscreen were unresponsive. Buttons on the laptop that should turn on lights when pressed ie the capslock and volume mute buton don't light up....
  7. Computer freezing/unresponsive

Computer freezing/unresponsive: I have an HP Envy x360 laptop.I was running some memory-intensive programs when the screen froze at 3:13pm.The keyboard and touchscreen were unresponsive. Buttons on the laptop that should turn on lights when pressed ie the capslock and volume mute buton don't light up....
  8. Computer freezing/unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. unresponsive freezing pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unresponsive freezing pc: for about 1 month now, my pc has been freezing out of no where and I cannot seem to figure out a fix or the issue. What happens is that first, a video that I am watching stays stuck on buffering, a league of legends match become unresponsive my friends say that I disconnected...
  10. Windows freezing and unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows freezing and unresponsive: Since opening a flash file, my Windows 10 os has veen freezing a lot. It's unresponsive many a times and slow in almost every action. To correct this, I updated all my drivers, reinstall Windows, disabled many Window start-up applications, did a whole system Malware...