Windows 10: Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

Discus and support Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash. in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by John Viray, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this.

:)

John Viray, Mar 8, 2021

2. Cortana crash after typing in letters

When I attempt to use the Cortana search bar built into the taskbar, it lets me type in 1-3 letters, and then it crashes. In the task manager, the Cortana process ends itself and restarts.

joshfreedy, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Gil deG Win User
    I type one letter in cortana search bar and it crashes and closes

Hi Oscar,

One of the possible reasons why Cortana crashes after you typed in one letter is that your system got corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps on this

article

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Mar 8, 2021
  4. John Ado Win User

Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

John Ado, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

1. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash. - Similar Threads - Typing letter search

2. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  3. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 key is typing different letters: for eg:- If I typei - i]caps lock - w first click, Wsecond clicko - o and brightness decreasey - uyu- uye - e and volume increaser - rtt - rtp - p[5 - 85etc....
  4. 1 key is typing different letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Search Bar Freezes up after 1 or 2 letters typed. No response or action available in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Bar Freezes up after 1 or 2 letters typed. No response or action available in...: I bought a new HP Pavilion Desktop computer with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium in 2013. Model #p2-1124 PC. Used for home word processing and photo management. Most of my use was with Microsoft Office 2007 great program, Windows Live Movie Maker wonderful and easy program for...
  6. Search Bar Freezes up after 1 or 2 letters typed. No response or action available in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar Freezes up after 1 or 2 letters typed. No response or action available in...: I bought a new HP Pavilion Desktop computer with Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium in 2013. Model #p2-1124 PC. Used for home word processing and photo management. Most of my use was with Microsoft Office 2007 great program, Windows Live Movie Maker wonderful and easy program for...
  7. Search Bar Freezes up after 1 or 2 letters typed. No response or action available in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Edge crashing when typing on search bar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge crashing when typing on search bar.: Basically the title, Microsoft Edge keeps crashing when I type on the search bar. Couldn't find a fix so far, started out of nowhere. submitted by /u/zorawski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0wt31/edge_crashing_when_typing_on_search_bar/
  9. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  10. Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar crashes after typing one letter: I downloaded and installed a windows update yesterday and now everytime I type anything in windows search it crashes. submitted by /u/Znuffles_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkg31z/windows_10_search_bar_crashes_after_typing_one/