Windows 10: Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue

Discus and support Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I use a Dell XPS laptop which runs on Windows 10. My problem started with the latest Windows 10 update - I started getting this serious typing lag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AditiDeshmukh, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue

Hi,

I use a Dell XPS laptop which runs on Windows 10. My problem started with the latest Windows 10 update - I started getting this serious typing lag in Chrome which wasn't there before. My profession is central to using browsers and this lag problem has handicapped my efficiency. Since the latest update of Chrome was working fine with the older version of Windows 10, I infer there is no problem with Chrome itself. I have tried everything from updates to re-installation, from clearing cache to every random thing. Nothing works.

I don't want to use Edge browser because it doesn't have the functions I need - which Chrome does. Microsoft really needs to let users choose which product they want to use on their own machines. Please tell me the fix to this problem, or release an update that lets me use the browser of my choice without any hiccups or loss of my business. Please don't force Edge browser on me; it is sloppy.

:)

AditiDeshmukh, Feb 6, 2019

2. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue

Right Click Crash + Chrome not opening

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the computer has some performance issue. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know the results of the SFC scan.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate Windows Explorer.

• Right Click Windows Explorer and select End Task.

• Now select on File tab and click Run Task.

• Type explorer.exe and press ok.

• Check if the issue persists.
    Please try to install all the available updates for the Chrome and check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to run the program in Compatibility mode.

Please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Compatibility tab and select Run this program in compatibility mode and select Windows 8 from it.
    If the issue persists in File explorer, The DISM or System Update Readiness tool may help you to fix some Windows corruption errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue

1. Typing and clicking lag in Chrome - serious issue - Similar Threads - Typing clicking lag

2. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  3. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Serious Issue: Hi,I was trying to reset my PC yesterday but it got stuck at 39% for over 2 hours, then the power got cutted off. After I re-charged my PC, it showed me option to choose operating system for 2 times and later it restarted and got stucked in blinking page. Now it just turns on...
  4. Serious Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows has a serious audio issue with clicks and stutters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows has a serious audio issue with clicks and stutters.: Ive been having this issue for a while now and I thought it was due to my jank audio setup with voicemeeter and voicemod, this was not the case and Im still having the problems after uninstalling both as well as uninstalling my focusrite driver and reinstalling the focusrite...
  6. Windows has a serious audio issue with clicks and stutters.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows has a serious audio issue with clicks and stutters.: Ive been having this issue for a while now and I thought it was due to my jank audio setup with voicemeeter and voicemod, this was not the case and Im still having the problems after uninstalling both as well as uninstalling my focusrite driver and reinstalling the focusrite...
  7. Explorer.exe causing serious lag

Explorer.exe causing serious lag: So I've been dealing with this issue for YEARS! For some reason, explorer.exe is causing lag on my computer. I've read numerous other users having the same issue but nothing seems to come about to fix it. It simply causes everything to slow down, even though the CPU and RAM...
  8. Windows or a Chrome issue- clicking notification issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows or a Chrome issue- clicking notification issue: [ATTACH] Clicking a notification in the sidebar from chrome the notif removes itself. Does not open the page associated with the notification Conversely, I have it set to show a banner as well and clicking the banner does take me to the notifications page Chrome issue...
  9. Serious issue with system lag losing my mind

Serious issue with system lag losing my mind: I have this issue with my PC that’s been happening since moving my OS to an m.2. Whenever I start a game up and when it’s loading it my entire computer lags the mouse response time it’s like less then 1 FPS when trying to move it and the videos on my other monitor during the...
  10. Google chrome is seriously misbehaving

in Browsers and Email
    Google chrome is seriously misbehaving: Chrome has started misbehaving again.... 1. Google chrome randomly minimizes my games to the desktop only to tell me that google chrome doesnt know how to update itself. This is incredibly annoying. 2. Google chrome switches from maximized to windowed mode randomly,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. typing lag chrome

2. typing delay in chrome

3. typing delay in chrome 2018

4. chrome typing lag