Windows 10: Typing and scrolling issues

Discus and support Typing and scrolling issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this laptop 2 months tops and continuously have this problem. This occurs every 10-20 seconds; I will be attempting to scroll up or down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VMoore2, Jul 14, 2020.

1. VMoore2 Win User

Typing and scrolling issues

I have had this laptop 2 months tops and continuously have this problem. This occurs every 10-20 seconds; I will be attempting to scroll up or down and the page will freeze and stop scrolling for about 3-5 seconds, then the page will scroll really fast as if trying to catch up. Same thing happens when I am typing. I will be in the middle of typing a sentence and the letters will stop appearing for 3-5 seconds then will rapidly appear. Same thing when clicking on a drop down menu, I will click the box and nothing will happen for about 5 seconds then the drop down menu will appear. How do I fix this? Please help if you can.

:)

VMoore2, Jul 14, 2020

2. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 14, 2020
  4. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Typing and scrolling issues - Similar Threads - Typing scrolling issues

2. auto typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    auto typing and scrolling issue: yesterday 08-09-2023 i updated windows regular update and the keyboard started to automatically type and i wasnt able to type my password also when i managed to start windows after some times the mouse started scrollinf by itslef . what should i do?...
  3. auto typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    auto typing and scrolling issue: yesterday 08-09-2023 i updated windows regular update and the keyboard started to automatically type and i wasnt able to type my password also when i managed to start windows after some times the mouse started scrollinf by itslef . what should i do?...
  4. Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters: I have an Acer Aspire Z24. I've been having this issue for a while now. When typing after maybe 30 seconds or so, my screen hangs and the letters I type come in a few seconds later. I also notice that sometimes when I'm scrolling down a page, the screen hangs for a second or...
  5. Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Typing Hangs and Scrolling Stutters: I have an Acer Aspire Z24. I've been having this issue for a while now. When typing after maybe 30 seconds or so, my screen hangs and the letters I type come in a few seconds later. I also notice that sometimes when I'm scrolling down a page, the screen hangs for a second or...
  6. Issues with scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with scrolling: So from what I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot this it seems like it’s a fairly common issue.. a couple of days ago I updated my laptop to windows 10 from (i think) windows 7 and since then I’m unable to scroll using the little line going down the right side of the...
  7. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling issue: I cant scroll down with my touchpad double fingers, and i cant find the devices setting under the mouse properties, How should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-issue/fc7065e4-d7d2-4307-8fab-de682c0d90ee
  8. Scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling issue: new pc windows 10 in S mode using explorernto open pages, if inscroll or page down, within seconds it returns to top of page, how do i stop this all the forums point to auto accent color off but i dont have that in my settings to disable...
  9. Backward typing and uncontrollable scroll issue on Windows 10 x64.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Backward typing and uncontrollable scroll issue on Windows 10 x64.: I have been having problems with all my computers since the last Windows system update. I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop. In the desktop, the keyboard went insane. It typed double letters and the cursos flickered constantly. It is currently being formatted but...
  10. Typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing and scrolling issue: Hi, I have something strange happing for a while now and cannot find a fix; or even identify what is causing it. This doe not happing all the time, like I was able to type this issue here. However, out of no where it will occur, and then stop at other times; or maybe it...