Windows 10: Typing anywhere has a black flashing highlight the size of two letters, also deletes...

Discus and support Typing anywhere has a black flashing highlight the size of two letters, also deletes... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I type anywhere on the PC it has a flashing black bar. If I go to search on google its there, typing this question right now its still there...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NathanHD17, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Typing anywhere has a black flashing highlight the size of two letters, also deletes...

When I type anywhere on the PC it has a flashing black bar. If I go to search on google its there, typing this question right now its still there... its basically everywhere when I wanna type something. Its the size of two letters and when I type in certain boxes and press the space bar it deletes the next letter and I have to end up retyping the whole row of words.

Is there a fix for this?

:)

NathanHD17, Dec 9, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    After typing the first letter/number, the cursor stops flashing and nothing else will type in.

Hi,

I realize that you are facing the issue with the keyboard, let me assist you.

To assist you better, write back to us with the following information.

• Does the issue persists only in email and while entering the password or with other applications too?

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your system?

As an initial step of troubleshooting, I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard and check if the issue persists

Follow the steps below to open the on screen keyboard.

• Type on screen keyboard in the search bar and select
      On screen keyboard
      from the search items.

If you are able to type properly using the on screen keyboard then, it might be issue related to the keyboard hardware.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press
      Enter key.

• In the Troubleshooting window, click on
      View all option on the left pane.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue persists, using on screen keyboard as well, then it might be an issue related to a third-party application or might be virus issue.

I suggest you to perform a full system scan using Windows Defender and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link to perform full system scan using Windows defender:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Typing anywhere has a black flashing highlight the size of two letters, also deletes...

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Typing anywhere has a black flashing highlight the size of two letters, also deletes...

1. Typing anywhere has a black flashing highlight the size of two letters, also deletes... - Similar Threads - Typing anywhere has

2. Highlighted in black instead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlighted in black instead: I'm using Word in Office 365, Windows 10. Recently, when I select text, it is highlighted in black instead of light blue. How do I get it back to light blue? I need step by step instructions. Please and thank you!...
  3. Can't type anything longer than two letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't type anything longer than two letters: Hi, weird just happen to my computer. First, I cannot type anything longer than two letters. Try to search sth in google, type "h", everything looks ok; type a "a", then the search window flash and the two letters disappear. Same thing happens in excel as well. Besides, I...
  4. Can't type anything longer than two letters

Can't type anything longer than two letters: Hi, weird just happen to my computer. First, I cannot type anything longer than two letters. Try to search sth in google, type "h", everything looks ok; type a "a", then the search window flash and the two letters disappear. Same thing happens in excel as well. Besides, I...
  5. Can't type anything longer than two letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...: Have a msoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and spaces as i type. not all the time, sparoooooooodic behaviour see like this?...
  7. Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...

Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...: Have a msoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and spaces as i type. not all the time, sparoooooooodic behaviour see like this?...
  8. Microsoft wireless keyboard, keeps missing letters as i type and also repeats letters and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Highlight size trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Highlight size trouble: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3bend5ssa0j51.png?width=1239&format=png&auto=webp&s=018cfc81c86bc6f9a93b00fe481390b7aaafad67 I'have done a fresh installation of windows from a dual boot system with arch linux,now onli windows submitted by /u/NitPo [link] [comments]...
  10. Keyboard is typing two letters at once.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard is typing two letters at once.: Hi, Yesterday I was sitting on laptop and my keyboard started acting up really weirdly. My keyboard started typing two letters at once except for C, X, B , N, M and Z. If I typed Q then 2Q would come up, H would then be YH, and so on ... Do you know what made my...