Windows 10: Typing causes wierd behavior

Discus and support Typing causes wierd behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Win 10 Pro 64-bit on an Asus laptop. When ever I try typing something, I get these strange results.Menus pop up, what I'm typing disappears,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jacatone, Sep 7, 2019.

1. jacatone Win User

Typing causes wierd behavior

I'm using Win 10 Pro 64-bit on an Asus laptop. When ever I try typing something, I get these strange results.Menus pop up, what I'm typing disappears, caps active. Makes trying to type very difficult.

:)

jacatone, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

Browse behavior from Edge web app--want camera to be listed

Hello,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this issue. To help us identify the cause of this inconsistent behavior, we would like to know that following information:

• Do you only experience this issue on Edge?
    • Do you experience this issue on a particular web app or website?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset the advanced settings of Edge. These are typically hidden from regular users, but easily available to advanced users by typing
    about:flags in the address bar.

• Open Edge.
    • In the address bar, type about:flags.
    • Click on the Reset all flags to default button.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue.

Gino Des, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Windows hello acting wierd

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the Camera working properly in other Apps (Camera/Skype)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Get back to us with the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Windows 10, odd behavior after restart

Hi Chris,

This seems to be caused by a corrupt user profile. We suggest that you run the System File Checker. It
    is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To run the tool, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Command Prompt or cmd in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run
      as administrator
      . If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    • At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
      sfc /scannow
    You can also run the DISM or System Update Readiness tool. This will help you fix
    Windows corruption errors caused by failed installation of Windows updates and service packs. To run the tool, refer to this

link

Once you're done running the tools, restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Typing causes wierd behavior - Similar Threads - Typing causes wierd

2. Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior: Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs opening on their own; windows minimizing without any action from me; and the mouse cursor constantly gravitates to the top left...
  3. Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Updates causing erractic behavior: Has anyone else started experiencing very erratic behavior in the past month, due to the most recent updates? I am having constant issues with tabs opening on their own; windows minimizing without any action from me; and the mouse cursor constantly gravitates to the top left...
  4. Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows restart causing unwanted behavior.: I have just upgraded my CPU Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 3600x, and after putting my PC back together it started acting ... weird? This may not have been the start of issues, but it the one odd event I can tell.First, I tried downloading a new patch for a game Valorant. The game asked...
  5. Wierd glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wierd glitch: So every now and then, all my UI elements become unclickable, restarting or shutdowns do not stop it all the time, and its only temporary. I can right click desktop for the popup menu, but not click anything on it. I cant click my open windows or apps like chrome and steam. I...
  6. What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What caused such sluggish behavior on a new PC?: Hi, I have just built a workstation using the latest top of the line components (e.g. Intel 9900K, G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 CL14, Samsung 970 Evo SSD). Usually the first thing I do after turning on the machine each morning is to manually update Windows. However, within 2-3...
  7. wierd colours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wierd colours: so basically, my computer works fine until I try to play steam games on it, for example Total War Warhammer. then the strangest thing happens, anything that should be red goes blue and anything that is blue goes orange. performance or visuals are normal. just the colours...
  8. Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer: behavior while starting to type on keyboard: Hello, i'm used that when i start, let's say R, explorer will point at the first file starting by R in the current folder. Now when i'm typing, it directly input that in the searchbox. How do i get back to the good old behavior? 59862
  9. Wierd Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd Problem: I do not even know where to put this. My client has Windows 10 on her laptop. She has no idea what she did or touched and I have no idea how to fix this. If you look at the picture, the icons are missing on the desktop and the start menu and apps are all the way up to the...
  10. Wierd File Explorer Behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Wierd File Explorer Behavior: Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. Whenever I right click on a shortcut and select 'Open File Location' of course File Explorer opens up as it should to the location that the shortcut points to. The weird thing is that when I close File Explorer, it...